Audio is weird?

Go to solution Solved by ImWilly,

I think they are using different kind of overhead microphone, it sounded as if it's "muffled" because the lower end of the frequency is more highlighted rather than the higher pitch voice (either they do new EQ setting during post production or the characteristic from the microphone).

I think they try to achieve the "podcast bass voice guy", but frankly I kinda hate this kind of sound profile, especially from the voice of the CVO (perhaps because I'm too used to listen to the squeaky CVO's voice聽馃ぃ)

Not everyone's voice sounds "good" with some certain microphone, sound profile, EQ.

When they switch to Nothing phone audio, I prefer the phone recording voice rather than their "professional" microphone

The audio is synced with the mouth movement (based on my view anyway)

I was listening to this video:

Is it just me or is the audio not synced or maybe Linus just has a cold or something? Maybe just different microphones?

I think they are using different kind of overhead microphone, it sounded as if it's "muffled" because the lower end of the frequency is more highlighted rather than the higher pitch voice (either they do new EQ setting during post production or the characteristic from the microphone).

I think they try to achieve the "podcast bass voice guy", but frankly I kinda hate this kind of sound profile, especially from the voice of the CVO (perhaps because I'm too used to listen to the squeaky CVO's voice聽馃ぃ)

Not everyone's voice sounds "good" with some certain microphone, sound profile, EQ.

When they switch to Nothing phone audio, I prefer the phone recording voice rather than their "professional" microphone

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D聽//Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX聽//聽32GB DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30聽//聽Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate聽聽//Phanteks P300A聽聽//聽Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME聽//聽Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME//

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular//聽Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3聽//聽Phanteks M25 140mm聽//聽Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD聽//聽Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone聽// Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop聽Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

1 hour ago, ImWilly said:

Cool, thanks for the reply!