Ive been trying to reset a newer iPad Pro but it refuses to connect to any Mac or laptop in dfu mode. it'll charge fine. Password has been forgot so I can't see if it connects regularly but it computers will charge it if its not in dfu mode. anyone run into issues like this before? New cables been used, new laptops/Macs, redownloaded iTunes/3uTools, restarted computers, and even updated everything. still nutin. Anyone have any ideas? Personally iv never seen anything like this before. 

you have to use a usb c to usb a cable.

18 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

you have to use a usb c to usb a cable.

It has unfortunately been tried before to no avail. Iv never seen an iPad not connect when in dfu mode

21 hours ago, DeGwiffin said:

3uTools

Please don't use this! Just use iTunes.

21 hours ago, DeGwiffin said:

anyone run into issues like this before?

Are you sure it's in DFU mode? You have to use a USB-A to USB-C/USB-A to Lightning cable, a cable that connects via USB-C to your computer won't work.

Which exact iPad Pro is it?

elephants

20 minutes ago, WhitetailAni said:

Please don't use this! Just use iTunes.

Are you sure it's in DFU mode? You have to use a USB-A to USB-C/USB-A to Lightning cable, a cable that connects via USB-C to your computer won't work.

Which exact iPad Pro is it?

Whats wrong with 3u? I haven't seen someone who apposed that one. Then again I haven't been looking.

Im almost 100% sure its dfu mode. as Long as dfu mode is the laptop icon with a cord asking to be plugged in. The iPad is a a2014. iPad Pro 12.9inc 3rd gen. *EDIT: I have been using USB-A to USB-C to no effect. Multiple different ones too.*

3 hours ago, DeGwiffin said:

Whats wrong with 3u? I haven't seen Long as dfu mode is the laptop icon with a cord asking to be plugged in

Nope, that is recovery mode. Should accomplish the same though.

Is iTunes up to date?

3 hours ago, DeGwiffin said:

Whats wrong with 3u? I haven't seen someone who apposed that one.

It logs everything you do in the app. Not sure what it does with it, but I personally am not a fan of that

elephants

48 minutes ago, WhitetailAni said:

Nope, that is recovery mode. Should accomplish the same though.

Is iTunes up to date?

It logs everything you do in the app. Not sure what it does with it, but I personally am not a fan of that

I was never clear on the diff of Recovery and dfu mode. They seem like the same thing.

Yep. iTunes up to date an all devices that I tested it on. Reinstalled it on one and had the other updated both before and after testing. Even used finder on a Monterey (That is up to date) and old iTunes on Mojave (as up to date as it gets). Just because.

I didn't know it logs everything. I don't like that either. overall tho it should be fine unless you do like data backups or any deep dive into the phone, right?

2 hours ago, DeGwiffin said:

I was never clear on the diff of Recovery and dfu mode. They seem like the same thing.

Technical explanation:

Recovery is a mode of iBoot (think like Windows Boot Manager or Grub).

DFU is a mode of bootROM (your device's BIOS). It doesn't have any video capabilities.

For most people they don't do anything different

2 hours ago, DeGwiffin said:

Yep. iTunes up to date an all devices that I tested it on. Reinstalled it on one and had the other updated both before and after testing. Even used finder on a Monterey (That is up to date) and old iTunes on Mojave (as up to date as it gets). Just because.

I would contact Apple Support at this point

elephants

18 hours ago, WhitetailAni said:

Technical explanation:

Recovery is a mode of iBoot (think like Windows Boot Manager or Grub).

DFU is a mode of bootROM (your device's BIOS). It doesn't have any video capabilities.

For most people they don't do anything different

I would contact Apple Support at this point

Thanks for that explanation. I only got they are pretty similar from other people. 

I was hoping there would be some sort of hidden ultra secret method for this type of situation. I think I will just take it to apple. Reality makes me sad sometimes. Thanks for the assistance.