Thinking NZXT 630?

jdsb52

Right after my last thread, im narrowed down to Phanteks Primo which is a tad pricey, or for a similar size a better pricing the NZXT 630, anyone here got a 630 and care to share thoughts pics etc??

@jdsb52,  

Well I'll write my thoughts on the phantom 630 anyway.

I have the small-windowed edition, it has the small window above a side panel fan. I quite like the case, the looks are awesome IMO and theres more than enough room for cable management etc. People complain about the plastic and while there is a lot, but its well built. The case doesn't use cheap plastic clips anywhere so the plastic ascetic panels on the top and front just click into place and the hinged front panel that hides the 5.25 bays is magnetized and doesn't uses any plastic locking mechanism. I love the cover as it makes the case appear to have no 5.25 bays but they are there, I like hiding the bays rather then removing them entirely. Next feature I love about the case is the fan controller behind the mobo tray. I can have all my fans plugged into it and only run then at 5v, I have my PWN fans plugged into it as well and just run them at 5v like everything else. The fan filters are great, the psu and lower case fan filters are split so there is to bottom filters which is nice because there would otherwise be a really long and awkward fan filter. The filters on the bottom are a little bit flimsy. The front panel filter is great as there is only and it covers the entire air intake area for the front. Having the modular HDD drive is also a real bonus, although I find them to rattle more than I would like.  

My biggest issues with the case: 

No real proper built in/removable fan filters on the top of the case. 

HDD cages rattle (mentioned above) 

Stupid I/O LED died and started to flicker so I had to unplugged it. 

(these are rather minor issues)

And the biggest annoyance and it is why I would not buy the case again. In order to access either the front case fans and filter the entire front plastic panel has to come off. This envoles removing or unlatching or unscrewing any 5.25 bay devices allowing them to come out with the front plastic panel. 

In order to remove the top plastic panel to access the top fan mounts the front plastic panel must be remove or pulled out of the case also.  WHICH AS I MENTIONED ABOVE IS NOT FUN IF YOU ARE USING AN OPTICAL DRIVE OR  A 5.25 RESERVOIR, ETC. 

To overcome this issue I have case it so I have just enough extra slack on my sata and power cable going to my optical drive, I unlatch the drive and allow it to freely move. Then I pull my front plastic panel out about an inch then pop off the the top plastic panel. 

Now one note about this case its massive. Unless you plan on doing a dual GPU/custom liquid cooling system don't even think about a case this big or unless you are like me and just don't move. It's heavy, and big and really a pain in the A** to carry anywhere let alone put it in a car and go somewhere with it. Unless you really need the space of a full tower, take my advice and don't get a full tower case. 

cbuvOMj.jpg
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Its big (about H 25" in. / L 25" in. / W 10" in.) heavy, made of steel and plastic, and looks cool (subjective opinion). supports room for many radiators/fans (Fan Hub included).  very enjoyable to build in; cable management is easy even if you have a rats nest of a power supply like mine.

IMO the Primo is a nicer case because of all metal design but the 630 has better value in the end.  Add NZXT Hue Lighting and you have a more reasonable Priced NZXT Phantom 820 w/o that ludicrous fan controller.  Nobody really needs that much control of their fans.

I don't regret Choosing the 630 but I still find myself eyeing peoples builds in the Enthoo Primo.

Honestly if your budget allows either just flip a coin.  You won't be disappointed with either IMO. 

Its big (about H 25" in. / L 25" in. / W 10" in.) heavy, made of steel and plastic, and looks cool (subjective opinion). supports room for many radiators/fans (Fan Hub included).  very enjoyable to build in; cable management is easy even if you have a rats nest of a power supply like mine.

IMO the Primo is a nicer case because of all metal design but the 630 has better value in the end.  Add NZXT Hue Lighting and you have a more reasonable Priced NZXT Phantom 820 w/o that ludicrous fan controller.  Nobody really needs that much control of their fans.

I don't regret Choosing the 630 but I still find myself eyeing peoples builds in the Enthoo Primo.

Honestly if your budget allows either just flip a coin.  You won't be disappointed with either IMO. 

yeah right now got a CM Storm Trooper, so not shy of big, heavy cases, and yeah i keep looking at the primo, but cant justify stretching that much of my upgrade budget to a case, and like you said the 630 is great value for the size and space, and i have seen it can be almost totally dismantled for modding/painting etc same as the primo, think it may or may not come to a coin flip, might have to do some more maths :mellow:

yeah right now got a CM Storm Trooper, so not shy of big, heavy cases, and yeah i keep looking at the primo, but cant justify stretching that much of my upgrade budget to a case, and like you said the 630 is great value for the size and space, and i have seen it can be almost totally dismantled for modding/painting etc same as the primo, think it may or may not come to a coin flip, might have to do some more maths :mellow:

If the Enthoo Luxe were to get a release date I would also recommend that since it should be more affordable without any compromises like the Pro (Mid Tower).   Hope you enjoy what you get.

If the Enthoo Luxe were to get a release date I would also recommend that since it should be more affordable without any compromises like the Pro (Mid Tower).   Hope you enjoy what you get.

Yeah i saw the Luxe, hoping they show more of it at computex and maybe specify a final release date, and thanks i will, just waiting on computex really!