Adam A4V & Setup

LooneyTune

HI all, I am looking to get a set of Adam Audio A7V monitors. One thing that I am unsure of is that they are controlled via being connected via RJ45's. I have wired ethernet into the room they will be going in to with 2 RJ45 sockets. One is for my PC and the second is spare. Both un down to my network switch & router downstairs. Could I simply add a second switch on my desk and connect it to the wall outlet and then connect both speakers to get them to work as intended?

Thanks

16 hours ago, LooneyTune said:

HI all, I am looking to get a set of Adam Audio A7V monitors. One thing that I am unsure of is that they are controlled via being connected via RJ45's. I have wired ethernet into the room they will be going in to with 2 RJ45 sockets. One is for my PC and the second is spare. Both un down to my network switch & router downstairs. Could I simply add a second switch on my desk and connect it to the wall outlet and then connect both speakers to get them to work as intended?

Thanks

Not 100% sure how the Adam Audio A Control software works, but it seems like the speakers will just need to be on the same network as the PC running the software; so yes, a switch on your desk with your PC and speakers connected to that would work. Though depending on your use case, if you don't want to/need to use that software, the RJ45 jacks can be left unplugged and they'll still function fine.

image.thumb.png.ed0830bd003e8d2ab8f26ba01e0f7501.png