jawa.gg scam?

Hi! I recently got a rtx 3070 to replace my old a770. now that I have no use of it, i decided to trade in my gpu to jawa.gg for cash. However, they sent me a shipping label and, when i checked the address, was a house in colorado, not an actual business building. It feels a bit suspicious. Im not sure about this website. why is the shipping not to an actual business. the house belongs to a dude named ryan boyette. can this be trusted? I dont want to lose my gpu or get scammed. Anyone have experience with this website? Can this be trusted?

1 hour ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Hi! I recently got a rtx 3070 to replace my old a770. now that I have no use of it, i decided to trade in my gpu to jawa.gg for cash. However, they sent me a shipping label and, when i checked the address, was a house in colorado, not an actual business building. It feels a bit suspicious. Im not sure about this website. why is the shipping not to an actual business. the house belongs to a dude named ryan boyette. can this be trusted? I dont want to lose my gpu or get scammed. Anyone have experience with this website? Can this be trusted?

I’d just sell it on eBay at that point, you’ll prolly get more out of it anyway

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

but i kinda want quick money. could you guys just recommend another gpu trade in program thats reliable? (not for store credits. real money)

also, nobody knows about intel gpus, and the few who do know that it aint good,so nobody would buy on ebay.

They have a sponsorship vetting thread and appears LMG went ahead with the sponsorship so I'd think they're legit.

@Steve Chan

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

7 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

but i kinda want quick money. could you guys just recommend another gpu trade in program thats reliable? (not for store credits. real money)

Newegg and Amazon have a trustworthy a trade in program, however it is only from store credits or Amazon gift cards.

https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/23-1322/index.html

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ref_=hp_bc_nav&nodeId=G57SN7YVWZE2RZS4

You can always send an email to the address at the bottom of their website and ask what the deal is. (I couldn't find a contact number, just email and chat.)

https://www.jawa.gg/about-us

They have an office in Boulder, Colorado. Not sure why they'd have you ship to someone's house, though. (Presumably an employee?)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

'do you think that i should ship my gpu to this adress?

Hi all,

Sorry, just saw this. @ulookuglynoob, would you be able to DM me some details and screenshots of this? I'll look into it for you =)