Professional Looking Office Mouse

ces160

HI everyone,

I'm in the market for a clean looking (no flashing lights or fancy patterns) high quality mouse I can use at work.

I work in an office type setting and already have a DasKeyboard Professional 4 Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry MX Browns.

At home I use a Razor Mumba and Deathadder so I don't mind a mouse that is a little on the larger side.

My use case is nothing to intense, some general browsing, using large spread sheets and some light Photoshop and Indesign use.

I will definitely need forward and back thumb buttons and a good scroll wheel preferably with a free spin and tilt functions.

I have been looking at the Logitech M950t but I'm not sold on the wireless, and as its not one of the "Gaming Series" of mice, there is literally no information on what sensor and switches it uses, no software and no dpi/cpi changes. 

I have also had a look at the SteelSeries Sensei Raw, but I think the buttons on the Right (where you little finger rests) wold be annoying and it's over all a little to "Flashy" for and office.

Anyone got any suggestions? 

Thanks

-ces160

Logitech M705. It has a software DPI changer but you gotta download that from the Logitech website, doesn't install in once you insert the wireless dongle into a usb port.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Logitech has some clean designs, check out their range. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Look for something we the free scrolling wheel if you use spread sheets a lot. Maybe a G700s. I had a bit of a design on it but no LEDs.

g700 is nice. (plus is looks better than  the g700s) If you want better battery life, I would look into the MX performance mouse from logitech.

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

mx performance mouse.  the premier office work mouse