Very slow post

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
10 minutes ago, HeLiOn said:

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?

It's a very well reported issue on AM5 systems. This is memory training, which on AM5 takes basically forever. This can be mitigated by using Memory Context Restore, but from what I can tell there's a couple ASUS boards with BIOS revisions where the memory context restore setting doesn't do anything, and in which case you'll just have to deal with the long POST. 

Hey there, guys.
Last week I upgraded my pc with a new motherboard CPU and RAM.
The motherboard is an Asus TUF GAMING B650-PLUS with a Ryzen 7 7800X3D and 32 GB DDR 5

The PC is working fine, but the post is very slow.
After I push the power button, the motherboard stays with the yellow LED on for 27 seconds, during which the fans are all ramped up. 
After that, the red let is displayed for 1 second, then the green led, which indicates the post.
The storage was never changed, and windows is loading just fine.

Obviously I googled what the yellow led means (since these details are not in the manual I received), and that seems to be the DRAM led.

This is odd, because the ram plates are properly detected, and they're even working in the EXPO mode. 

Was this the first boot after upgrade cuz if it was then the RAM was being trained which takes a bit.

10 minutes ago, HeLiOn said:

It's a very well reported issue on AM5 systems. This is memory training, which on AM5 takes basically forever. This can be mitigated by using Memory Context Restore, but from what I can tell there's a couple ASUS boards with BIOS revisions where the memory context restore setting doesn't do anything, and in which case you'll just have to deal with the long POST. 

8 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

Was this the first boot after upgrade cuz if it was then the RAM was being trained which takes a bit.

Every single boot after the build was made, not just the first. It happens constantly.

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Thank you, I'll search for that setting.

26 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The Memory Context Restore setting was on auto. I switched it to On, and it significantly reduced the training time to around 5 seconds.
Thank you.