5800X Overheating

childishh

I've had this issue for about a year now (since Day 1 of me having this CPU) where my Ryzen 7 5800X will overheat in the middle of playing games. I've run benchmarks and it'll cap at 90-91 degrees for the entire duration without a single problem. However, as soon as I boot into a game and run it for about 30 minutes my PC will immediately blue screen. During this time I've had to undervolt the CPU via Ryzen Master every time I start up my PC. I've been looking for solutions to this problem for as long as I have had this CPU, I thought it might've been a fan orientation issue or AIO mounting problem, so I've gone through every combination of possible fan setups you can think of & have remounted my AIO in every possible position that it can fit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Masterliquid ML240L V2
MoBo: MSI B550-A PRO
PSU: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2x16)
GPU : RTX 3060

Have you confirmed that the blue screen is due to heat? What kind of benchmark are you running when you temperature test?

23 minutes ago, NikolakiH said:

Have you confirmed that the blue screen is due to heat? What kind of benchmark are you running when you temperature test?

Typically after a blue screen happens, the entire case is very hot and my system tells me that it is due to the CPU overheating.

I've been running Cinebench as my benchmark with OpenHardware or Ryzen Master as my temp "gauge."

Ryzen Master is an absolute turd. Everything you do with it, can be done in bios. I would uninstall it and reset your CMOS and re-enter your memory settings. Set your IF/MCLK but do not touch PBO or any other CPU setting until you show us what you see with HWiNFO64. But really, what strikes me is that you game, your case gets hot, and your CPU overheats. Your cooler is not doing anything.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frost Commander 140, TY-143
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's