Network equipment question.

okenny
Go to solution Solved by itsabearcannon,

Easily, no problem.

Keep in mind you won't ever get 500 over Wi-Fi if that's what's coming into your house - even if you get 500 right at the wall, expect about 350 tops, maybe 400 if you're in a great spot with line of sight.

Hi all! Sorry if this is the wrong place. I am struggeling finding a "non spaceship" router that supports mesh for future upgrades. Wife wants something without the antennas... I need something for a 50m2 one floor apartment, no really difficult walls. Need bang for buck. Im currently looking at Google Wifi or TP-link x10, x20 or x50. Any tips?

I've had great success with TP-Link Deco gear, but am very dissatisfied that I can't manage it via a browser - only an app. Awful!

Nonetheless, it functions well in the house!

Eero is an excellent choice, unless you're super anti-Amazon. You can get a single Eero 6 for $79 or three for $200, so even though it does cost more than the base Google Wi-Fi ($50 for 1 or $150 for 3), you get Wi-Fi 6 on the Eero instead of Wi-Fi 5 on the Google Wi-Fi.

Unfortunatly they are unavailable in Norway 😞  Thanks for the reply. Will the X10 be good enough to support 500mbits up down for 4 people?

Easily, no problem.

Keep in mind you won't ever get 500 over Wi-Fi if that's what's coming into your house - even if you get 500 right at the wall, expect about 350 tops, maybe 400 if you're in a great spot with line of sight.

Thanks @itsabearcannon , i used to know this stuff. I get so confused with all the new stuff. one x10 deco or two? What do you suggest based on your experience? Small apartment but the router from the internet provider doesnt manage haha.