Monitor keep losing signal VGA LED red

Hello I've got a problem with my pc it powers up and boots like normal just 1 fan doesn't work which it stays on for 5 minutes then at that point the monitor loses signal and all audio cuts out but the whole pc stays on keyboard and mouse RGB all on and no problems on the motherboard light up until I press reset it has signal then cuts out I try again and the VGA led on mobo lights up red at this point I've also tried 2 monitors and my TV and they all do it 

Specs not sure on all but can find out if needed

I7 3770 I believe

Gtx 970

16 GB ram 

P9x79 pro mobo

I've taken it to 2 different computer shops the first swapped the GPU and it worked fine for a few months then it started getting the same problem again so I took it back and they didn't have any problem with it they bought it back and it didn't work so I took it to a different shop and they didn't get the problem but when they bought it back same problem again

I've looked all online and can't find anything really except one person on Reddit who had the exact same problem including the shops finding no problems and it didn't happen to them and he said when he took it back the last time they found a defect my GPU was originally swapped out but that wasn't a brand new GPU it's just one the shop had put the back could this be defected the same as the first if that was the problem with the first?

I don't have much money so don't wanna buy a new GPU and find it has the same problem 

if anyone needs more info I can find out for you I also have a couple videos of what happens if that'll help

Edit I've tried using 1 stick of ram only used 2 of my 4 to test and I was wrong about my CPU it's actually an i7 3960x 

Use computer with only one ram stick in different ram slot.

On 1/30/2024 at 7:42 PM, zabs420 said:

Hello I've got a problem with my pc it powers up and boots like normal just 1 fan doesn't work which it stays on for 5 minutes then at that point the monitor loses signal and all audio cuts out but the whole pc stays on keyboard and mouse RGB all on and no problems on the motherboard light up until I press reset it has signal then cuts out I try again and the VGA led on mobo lights up red at this point I've also tried 2 monitors and my TV and they all do it 

Specs not sure on all but can find out if needed

I7 3770 I believe

Gtx 970

16 GB ram 

P9x79 pro mobo

I've taken it to 2 different computer shops the first swapped the GPU and it worked fine for a few months then it started getting the same problem again so I took it back and they didn't have any problem with it they bought it back and it didn't work so I took it to a different shop and they didn't get the problem but when they bought it back same problem again

I've looked all online and can't find anything really except one person on Reddit who had the exact same problem including the shops finding no problems and it didn't happen to them and he said when he took it back the last time they found a defect my GPU was originally swapped out but that wasn't a brand new GPU it's just one the shop had put the back could this be defected the same as the first if that was the problem with the first?

I don't have much money so don't wanna buy a new GPU and find it has the same problem 

if anyone needs more info I can find out for you I also have a couple videos of what happens if that'll help

It looks like a PSU problem, replace it

Use computer without graphics card, and use integrated graphics and see what happens

55 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

It looks like a PSU problem, replace it

Well my PSU is 850 watt and the pc still runs when the signal cuts out could it still be that?

34 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Use computer without graphics card, and use integrated graphics and see what happens

Motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics I was thinking of getting a random gen 2 card that works just to test if it stays on as it only stays on for bang on 5 mins from when I'm logged in which I have no password so it's like a minute to boot

41 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Use computer with only one ram stick in different ram slot.

I have 4 sticks in this configuration would you just say take 3 out and put 1 in a slot that's not currently used? There's 4 available slots I can use 3 because of cpu fan it's next to each stick

IMG_20240131_185812.jpg

I've just checked the computer more after seeing the PSU maybe a problem I've gone to the back it's connected to look and I've found a load of loose wires is that normal there's a load connected to the PSU and a load not I tried to attach a video but file too big so had to do photos if you need better ones ask and I'll provide 

1706728341242740134512297038001.jpg

17067283961253029813889755204831.jpg

1706728427193261908870297631658.jpg

1 hour ago, zabs420 said:

I've just checked the computer more after seeing the PSU maybe a problem I've gone to the back it's connected to look and I've found a load of loose wires is that normal there's a load connected to the PSU and a load not I tried to attach a video but file too big so had to do photos if you need better ones ask and I'll provide 

1706728341242740134512297038001.jpg

17067283961253029813889755204831.jpg

1706728427193261908870297631658.jpg

Yes change psu 

1 hour ago, zabs420 said:

I have 4 sticks in this configuration would you just say take 3 out and put 1 in a slot that's not currently used? There's 4 available slots I can use 3 because of cpu fan it's next to each stick

IMG_20240131_185812.jpg

Yes just boot with one ram stick. 4 gb

1 hour ago, Chapunna said:

Yes just boot with one ram stick. 4 gb

Does it matter what slot?

1 hour ago, Chapunna said:

Yes change psu 

What power would I need I have an i7 I'll find the exact one tomorrow and a gtx 970 with 3 working fans and some lights

1 minute ago, zabs420 said:

Does it matter what slot?

No try just one ram stick

Just now, zabs420 said:

What power would I need I have an i7 I'll find the exact one tomorrow and a gtx 970 with 3 working fans and some lights

Good brand with 600w will be enough

11 hours ago, Chapunna said:

Good brand with 600w will be enough

Okay sound I'll have a look online for one cheers for that

11 hours ago, Chapunna said:

No try just one ram stick

Okay sound I'll try do that today when I'm free

7 hours ago, zabs420 said:

Okay sound I'll try do that today when I'm free

Okay

On 2/1/2024 at 5:19 PM, Chapunna said:

Okay

I've tried just one stick of ram and there's no change at all 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 6:21 PM, Chapunna said:

I have a pcie Gen 2 graphics card in the post on its way all tested and working so I'm going to put that in when it gets here just to see if the signal cuts out again I'll inform when I've tried it on results