Restart while enable XMP

Rumman

Who is to be blamed for taking a restart when XMP is enabled? Mobo or RAM? I checked RAM with windows memory diagnosis and found no error. Also, I update the BIOS of the mobo.

15 minutes ago, Rumman said:

Who is to be blamed for taking a restart when XMP is enabled?

Just to clarify, your computer is restarting when you try to enable XMP correct?

Could you provide the specs of your CPU, Motherboard, and Memory?

You may be trying to run the memory faster than it is rated for, on ASUS boards (and likely others I just don’t use them enough), there are multiple XMP levels to choose from.

23 minutes ago, Rumman said:

I checked RAM with windows memory diagnosis and found no error.

I recommend running OCCT, it tends to find issues that windows memory diagnosis might miss.

2 hours ago, CjScout said:

Just to clarify, your computer is restarting when you try to enable XMP correct?

Could you provide the specs of your CPU, Motherboard, and Memory?

You may be trying to run the memory faster than it is rated for, on ASUS boards (and likely others I just don’t use them enough), there are multiple XMP levels to choose from.

I recommend running OCCT, it tends to find issues that windows memory diagnosis might miss.

CompuTer restart is not just after enabling XMP, restart takes randomly, probably while watching a YouTube video or just net surfing. Or Maybe while playing (very rare)

Mobo: Gigabyte B450M S2H

3600x

32GB 3200mhz Gskill Ripwajs 

RX 6600xt

run the OCCT and found no error.

2 hours ago, Rumman said:

CompuTer restart is not just after enabling XMP, restart takes randomly, probably while watching a YouTube video or just net surfing. Or Maybe while playing (very rare)

3600x

RX 6600xt

That’s weird. Do you have any other ram sticks to test with, also try with one stick first. 

Are you running 2 sticks or 4? If it is 4, 2666mhz is what you can expect.

19 hours ago, Rumman said:

3600x

RX 6600xt

This doesn’t sound like a memory issue to me, though I may be wrong.

1) Are there any logs in event viewer around the time the computer restarts each time?
2) Do you get the standard windows restart screen, or does the screen just go black?

4 hours ago, CjScout said:

This doesn’t sound like a memory issue to me, though I may be wrong.

1) Are there any logs in event viewer around the time the computer restarts each time?
2) Do you get the standard windows restart screen, or does the screen just go black?

Yes. the logs is image.png.047c5e98b0be668875027c60115da43b.png

and Windows just goes black and takes a restart.

My build had a strange problem where overclocking the RAM would cause CPU instability but not RAM instability (passes RAM tests). I found that undervolting the CPU (applying negative Vcore offset) solves this problem. The CPU also is sometimes unstable off the optimized defaults of the BIOS. For some reason my motherboard really likes to apply huge voltages to both CPU and RAM.

I don't know if this is applicable in your case.