Recommendations For Phone

Hey,

I am currently looking to purchase a new phone,

Daily I am mostly using my phone for calls, browsing and not much else

but after starting to study game design and having to develop some phone games, I've came to find out my Samsung J6 I got a few years ago, is just not cutting it.

So I realized that I need a phone that is more powerful, and that can perhaps run modern phone games decently (definitely doesn't have to be max settings and top tier specs).

So in general, I'm mainly looking for a device that will be good for my basic daily usage, but also good enough to run games I am working on or playing for research (or past time).

I'm not that familiar with phone specs, so it is a bit difficult for me to compare phones.

My budget is not unlimited, but I'll be happy to invest in a device that will last me for a good while and be useful in my day to day and work life.

31 minutes ago, Crimson Seraph said:

Hey,

I am currently looking to purchase a new phone,

Daily I am mostly using my phone for calls, browsing and not much else

but after starting to study game design and having to develop some phone games, I've came to find out my Samsung J6 I got a few years ago, is just not cutting it.

So I realized that I need a phone that is more powerful, and that can perhaps run modern phone games decently (definitely doesn't have to be max settings and top tier specs).

So in general, I'm mainly looking for a device that will be good for my basic daily usage, but also good enough to run games I am working on or playing for research (or past time).

I'm not that familiar with phone specs, so it is a bit difficult for me to compare phones.

My budget is not unlimited, but I'll be happy to invest in a device that will last me for a good while and be useful in my day to day and work life.

What in the MAX you are willing to spend? That will help narrow down our options.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

18 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

What in the MAX you are willing to spend? That will help narrow down our options.

That's the thing really, now knowing much about phone pricing so it is hard for me to make a good max spending point, perhaps a top option, good option and budget option would be more helpful for me to decide, part of the problem I have is that there seems to be a big gap in pricing between some brands, and I don't know whether it is because of actual better specs and features or just brand (or some stuff that would not appeal for me that much).

20 minutes ago, Crimson Seraph said:

That's the thing really, now knowing much about phone pricing so it is hard for me to make a good max spending point, perhaps a top option, good option and budget option would be more helpful for me to decide, part of the problem I have is that there seems to be a big gap in pricing between some brands, and I don't know whether it is because of actual better specs and features or just brand (or some stuff that would not appeal for me that much).

Well, since you can’t provide me with a budget it is going to be harder to narrow down our options here. Do you have any preferences when it comes to brands, looks, or features?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

If it’s just for making calls and casual browsing, you should look into getting an iPhone 14/15 Plus (15-series added USB-C)

15 Pro (Max) if you really want 120Hz and to try out the AAA games that have been ported this year.

The CPU will last you several years easily.

The subreddits are filled with people finally upgrading their iPhone 6s from 2015.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

• 3 weeks later...

"Modern" gaming is what will make you need a device with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. No other SoC has high compatibility with Yuzu and is still able to run 32-bit apps. Remove the "modern" gaming requirement, and many options open up.

Otherwise, wait for the OnePlus 12R.

The two users above are recommending flagship specced phones.

If you don't need ultra 3D graphics at a high frame rate you're not going to need something that powerful. That said if you do, you will.

We really need more information about the type of games you're talking about to make any meaningful suggestion.