New system not posting - is ram the issue?

Hello kind strangers,

Here’s my situation: Finally got everything in for a new system ( except the ssd ) and did a test run today. Not very successful, got a CPU and DRAM light, nothing coming on the screen. MB leds do turn on, gpu leds turn on, and cpu fans spin. 

I’m thinking it’s most likely the ram because I know my kit isn't on the qvl. It’s a g.skill flare kit and a Asrock b650m pro rs wifi ( I’ll link everything I got below).

Now the weird thing is after I tried some basic troubleshooting reseated cpu and ram double checked power cables, I was actually able to get into the bios running 1 stick in the b2 slot and just integrated graphics, no GPU. The CPU and dram lights had turned on at first, then switched to a GPU and boot light, and then the bios showed up on the screen. Exited out powered off and tried again this time through the GPU, got lucky and got into the bios again, everything working properly gpu fans spinning, cpu running cool. I set the ram profile to the rated speed ( which was correctly recognized as well as being hynix) instead of the default 4800, and system shut down after saving the changes. Since then I tried 2 sticks, 1 stick, different placements, and I’m getting nothing back to being stuck on CPU and DRAM leds. 

So the good thing is I know the CPU and GPU arent totally DOA. But the fact that I did make it into the bios twice has me confused. Is it just false hope that the kit I want can work? Is there something else I can do? 

I will be trying again with different ram on the qvl soon, in the meantime though even if its a shot in the dark I want to see if someone recognizes the situation or knows what I can try.

Thank you guys!

parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/N6rbTY