monitor help

SmileAsTheyDie

Hello all, back in december i built my first gaming PC and since then i have been my vizio 22" 1080p as my main monitor for gaming and the such and using a old generic 1280x1024 monitor for browsing the web.

Now as of recently i want to upgrade but im stumped on what to get.

Since what performance im able to achieve will probably be a big factor of what monitor would suit me so my basic specs are as follows:

i5 4670k

8GB RAM

Asus R9 280x

Any suggestions, im hoping to be in the 200$ range or so, but if the price is right for a superior product i could wait a little longer

i would also like to add i would be buying the monitor from amazon

If you're in the $200 or so range, I found a pretty good one here: http://reviews.mysteryblock.com/asus-vs247h-p-review-24-inch-led-monitor/ (Asus VS247H-P.

Also, can you tell me about if you care for refresh rate or anything?

What brand do you prefer? I know a lot of people like the BenQ monitors so I'll check on Amazon for you if you like those

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

If you're in the $200 or so range, I found a pretty good one here: http://reviews.mysteryblock.com/asus-vs247h-p-review-24-inch-led-monitor/ (Asus VS247H-P. Also, can you tell me about if you care for refresh rate or anything?What brand do you prefer? I know a lot of people like the BenQ monitors so I'll check on Amazon for you if you like those

I'm not sure since I haven't ever experienced any monitor over 60hz monitor. Though I don't have any intention of upgrading any of my specs anytime soon so I don't know about getting a 120hz or anything because it might be difficult to maintain 120 FPS at all times and it may be different for higher framerates but when playing at 60 and if I were to drop to 50's would feel atrocious. For instance if I play BF4 without vsync I get 90-120 FPS usually but I would think that would feel weird going all over the place. If you have any knowledge that I'm lacking please Inform me.

I don't really have a preference in brand since I haven't used any monitors from the big brands of today, though for most other pieces of hardware I prefer asus

I'm not sure since I haven't ever experienced any monitor over 60hz monitor. Though I don't have any intention of upgrading any of my specs anytime soon so I don't know about getting a 120hz or anything because it might be difficult to maintain 120 FPS at all times and it may be different for higher framerates but when playing at 60 and if I were to drop to 50's would feel atrocious. For instance if I play BF4 without vsync I get 90-120 FPS usually but I would think that would feel weird going all over the place. If you have any knowledge that I'm lacking please Inform me.

I don't really have a preference in brand since I haven't used any monitors from the big brands of today, though for most other pieces of hardware I prefer asus

Huh, I would keep looking if I were you. And 60hz will do just fine if that's what you're used to.

Personally I'd be able to switch back from 120hz to 60hz just fine, unlike some other people

Huh, I would keep looking if I were you. And 60hz will do just fine if that's what you're used to.

Personally I'd be able to switch back from 120hz to 60hz just fine, unlike some other people

Well that VS247H-P looks promising. How do you think that compares to a slightly cheaper Asus VS228H-P?

Well that VS247H-P looks promising. How do you think that compares to a slightly cheaper Asus VS228H-P?

Well I don't personally like the VS228H-P nor have I ever tried it, but I would spend the extra dough for the VS247H-P, unless there's something about that other monitor in particular that you like.

Well I don't personally like the VS228H-P nor have I ever tried it, but I would spend the extra dough for the VS247H-P, unless there's something about that other monitor in particular that you like.

Ok then i will probablly go with the 247 then. I dont think im ready to make the jump to 1440p or 120hz nor do i think that would be optimal for my hardware and the games i play

If you're in the $200 or so range, I found a pretty good one here: http://reviews.mysteryblock.com/asus-vs247h-p-review-24-inch-led-monitor/ (Asus VS247H-P.

Also, can you tell me about if you care for refresh rate or anything?

What brand do you prefer? I know a lot of people like the BenQ monitors so I'll check on Amazon for you if you like those

Ok then i will probablly go with the 247 then. I dont think im ready to make the jump to 1440p or 120hz nor do i think that would be optimal for my hardware and the games i play

Yeah, in my opinion 1440p or 120hz really is unnecessary unless you've been planning to do so for a while.

You'd be good with the 247, glad I could help :P