Upgrade path from a 3060ti FE

Ursangus

Hey all.

My 3060ti FE has been a champ for quite a while, but lately it's just not able to really put me up to what I'd like performance-wise when driving 3x 2k monitors at 144hz.  I'm looking for options to get something current-gen, and more than willing to get away from Nvidia.

Specs:

NZXT N7 B550

Ryzen 5 5600X - Soon to updated to a Ryzen 9 5900x

64g DDR4 3600 C18 (yes, I know it's way overkill for gaming, but I also do exceedingly large Photoshop things)

PSU: Corsair RM750x Gold

Monitors: 3x ASUS VG27AQ

Use case:

Namely: 

World of Warcraft

World of Warships

Photoshop

Streaming

Budget arena:

Would like to keep the GPU upgrade under $700 (including a new PSU if needed)

Brand preference:

Getting tired of G-sync bullcookies and Nvidia in general, and I'm new to the AMD GPU product lines, but open to either!

Let's see some suggestions, please and thank you!

If you don't like G-sync, you'd hate Freesync. 

Your best bet is probably to wait and see what the 4000 Super refresh brings. That'll probably drive the prices down.

Currently, the 4070 at $520 or so is a decent option, but I think purely speculating that Nvidia is going to drop a super card in that $700-800 range that'll be compelling. The 4070ti is a $700+ card there are rumors they are slowing production on to replace it with something with more than 12gb of vram, which has been a major complaint with a card of that performance level since launch. Used anything Rtx 3080 or better would be an upgrade.

AMD offerings are fine, if you can deal with the lack of ray tracing/DLSS. Based on your games, you probably can. If you go that route, 7800xt or 7900xt are good upgrades. Any used Rx 6800 or better you find is an option as well.