Suitable GPU support bracket for NZXT H9?

TheJeffOfJeffs

I've been looking at my GPU this past week and can't deny that it's sagging any longer. Thought it was just my eyes for a while but nope, its definitely starting to sag. My case is an NZXT H9 Flow. I know the obvious solution in this specific box is to vertically mount it but my GPU is and Aorus 3070Ti Master and has a little screen on the side that I would hate to not be able to see if it was vertical. Plus this GPU is a bit of a thicc boi so vertically mounting it could have other challenges.

I was about to grab this support bracket and right before checking out remembered that if and when I put some intake fans in the bottom of the case that may cause some issues. 

Looking for other options I see this one seems designed to rest on top of a fan, but I'm not in love with the design. Same goes for this one.

Any insight would be appreciated. Could I get away with resting that first one on top of a fan, on the outer frame?

Edit: That third one is growing on me but should I be worried about it supporting the weight of the GPU? 

Edited by TheJeffOfJeffs

10 minutes ago, TheJeffOfJeffs said:

Edit: That third one is growing on me but should I be worried about it supporting the weight of the GPU? 

No, it's similar to what comes OEM with many cards now. MSI supplied a very similar bracket with my 4090:

13900k4.jpg

It really doesn't take much. I used one of the Lian LI GB-002 that mounts behind the card, to the motherboard screws on my 3080. It's actually still in use.

1 hour ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

I recommend this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterAccessory-Universal-Orientations/dp/B08VVPPPZK

The MSI one cam with 4080 really won't take too much supporting force, while this Cooler Master one is quite steady dispute it's just a friction lock.

The issue I'm having is that the H9 Flow has room for three 120mm fans which I intend to use. Not sure I could sit that one anywhere.

1 hour ago, TheJeffOfJeffs said:

The issue I'm having is that the H9 Flow has room for three 120mm fans which I intend to use. Not sure I could sit that one anywhere.

That one have a farely large base, you might able to sit it on the fan's frame. It's also magnetic so it can stick on any metal surfaces, screws for fan included.

16982017133456123785881793160623.jpg

13 hours ago, TheJeffOfJeffs said:

That third one is growing on me but should I be worried about it supporting the weight of the GPU? 

Nothing to worry about. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

15 hours ago, TheJeffOfJeffs said:

I've been looking at my GPU this past week and can't deny that it's sagging any longer. Thought it was just my eyes for a while but nope, its definitely starting to sag. My case is an NZXT H9 Flow. I know the obvious solution in this specific box is to vertically mount it but my GPU is and Aorus 3070Ti Master and has a little screen on the side that I would hate to not be able to see if it was vertical. Plus this GPU is a bit of a thicc boi so vertically mounting it could have other challenges.

Oh right, yours is a 3070Ti, mine is a 3080 Aorus Master, so they have similar cooler design.

So one problem I had with this style of bracket:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYB3WM2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_H7Z7E809KHK4FC54CD3M

1. a bracket using 3 PCIe slot didn't fit my case. due to not many PCIe slot left under the GPU.

2. At last on the 3080 Aorus Master, the support stud pointing up will go straight into the GPU fan... there is no place on the bracket to support it.

I will see if I can get a clear picture to show why a bit later.

57 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

Oh right, yours is a 3070Ti, mine is a 3080 Aorus Master

So one problem I had with this style of bracket:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYB3WM2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_H7Z7E809KHK4FC54CD3M

1. it that is didn't fit my case.

2. At last on the 3080 Aorus Master, the support will go straight into the GPU fan

I will see if I can get a clear picture to show why a bit later.

So at least for the 3080, there is a little bit more hanging can out over the 4th bracket, you you get less than 3 slots below.

16982425761762585634921990712400.jpg

On top of that, the 3080 is stick out a bit more than the width of PCIe slots. So those brackets have no place to touch up to support the GPU.

16982427140181730439456454510191.jpg

Given your 3070Ti Aorus Master also uses 1x100m and 2x115mm fan... I don't think that style of support (the upHere and the MSI example shown by @OhioYJ) will work.

12 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

That one have a farely large base, you might able to sit it on the fan's frame. It's also magnetic so it can stick on any metal surfaces, screws for fan included.

16982017133456123785881793160623.jpg

So after reading this I did some more looking and I think I can get away with sticking this one in next to my intake fans. The plans I intend on getting are 120mm, the case supports up to 140mm and the base of that support bracket is 20mm wide. 

As I type this I remember the fans I want are Lian-Li UNI Infinity so this'll get in the way of the mirrors on the side of those. 🤦‍♂️ Why can't anything be simple? Already ordered so I'll just have to figure something out. Thanks for the help!

19 minutes ago, TheJeffOfJeffs said:

So after reading this I did some more looking and I think I can get away with sticking this one in next to my intake fans. The plans I intend on getting are 120mm, the case supports up to 140mm and the base of that support bracket is 20mm wide. 

As I type this I remember the fans I want are Lian-Li UNI Infinity so this'll get in the way of the mirrors on the side of those. 🤦‍♂️ Why can't anything be simple? Already ordered so I'll just have to figure something out. Thanks for the help!

That one actually look cooler than the Cooler Master one I have... the one big complain I have about mine is it is too bright... over powering the RGB on my GPU...

And the even more sadly... the horizontal support bracket I had was custom made... now it can only sit in a box.

6 hours ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

I don't think that style of support (the upHere and the MSI example shown by @OhioYJ) will work.

It should be fine, Just needs a minor bit of modification. I had the same issue with my included bracket for my 4090. I had to trim the bottom so it would fit in my case, as I didn't have room for the 3 slots it "required" as included. I just cut the bottom off.  The Uphere has height adjust-ability. My MSI bracket was meant for the card I used it on, but they clearly assumed their would be minor variations in things, as they included extra rubber pads.

1 minute ago, OhioYJ said:

It should be fine, Just needs a minor bit of modification. I had the same issue with my included bracket for my 4090. I had to trim the bottom so it would fit in my case, as I didn't have room for the 3 slots it "required" as included. I just cut the bottom off.  The Uphere has height adjust-ability. My MSI bracket was meant for the card I used it on, but they clearly assumed their would be minor variations in things, as they included extra rubber pads.

The problem is not that.

Unless the bracket comes out towards side panel (like yours), the support will reach into the fans.

The PCIe bracket width is the same, so MSI made the brace come out to avoid it getting in the fans

image.png.473220aa1089a2db5a5f6987016609a0.png

The upHere one don't come out that which, is why I said it probably don't work... it need to come out like 1.5 cm minimum

image.png.d8dad5328b63379299eee8863f969b8a.png

Given the card is 324mm long and the support is only 276 mm long.... it will not work at all, unless you want the support in the fan.

Very big maybe you touch the plastic between the 2nd and 3rd 115mm fan... but I don't think so

image.png.be9b33d782eeaf8eb1d879cf9ad508fa.png

8 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

The problem is not that.

Oh I see....