Stubby Screwdriver ad on YouTube

Thomas A. Fine

Is there a reason why the ad on YouTube for Stubby doesn't mention lttstore.com at all?  There's no link to click on, no qr code to scan, nothing.

I'm asking here, not picking a fight.  Do we just assume that people will google it?  I guess I could see that you might want a broader audience who buys the screwdriver from Amazon and never even learns that it's a "Youtuber" or worse an "influencer" product.  But as far as I know, Stubby isn't on Amazon yet.

46 minutes ago, Thomas A. Fine said:

Is there a reason why the ad on YouTube for Stubby doesn't mention lttstore.com at all?  There's no link to click on, no qr code to scan, nothing.

I'm asking here, not picking a fight.  Do we just assume that people will google it?  I guess I could see that you might want a broader audience who buys the screwdriver from Amazon and never even learns that it's a "Youtuber" or worse an "influencer" product.  But as far as I know, Stubby isn't on Amazon yet.

LTT never sells on Amazon, must be a fake thing. They only sell on LTTstore.com 

18 minutes ago, Blackjack1336 said:

LTT never sells on Amazon, must be a fake thing. They only sell on LTTstore.com 

Some items ARE sold on Amazon. Linus has addressed it on WAN show. "if you HAVE to have two day prime shipping, you can pay the extra few bucks to get it through Amazon"

Screenshot_20231014_172236_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.51196fb50f81b00bd4547eb626d2d927.jpg

4 hours ago, Thomas A. Fine said:

IIRC they mentioned something on WAN about how they are part of some YouTube store program where you can buy products through YouTube under videos?

Could have something to do with that but I could also be completely wrong here.

7 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Some items ARE sold on Amazon. Linus has addressed it on WAN show. "if you HAVE to have two day prime shipping, you can pay the extra few bucks to get it through Amazon"

Screenshot_20231014_172236_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.51196fb50f81b00bd4547eb626d2d927.jpg

Oh wierd good to know 

9 minutes ago, Blackjack1336 said:

Oh wierd good to know 

Yup, I've got a JEFFY-BUCKS GC burning a hole in my wallet for a while now and effectively $50 off screwdriver makes it super appealing.

As others have said, LTT does use Amazon to ship some items.

7 hours ago, DrewPDFD said:

As others have said, LTT does use Amazon to ship some items.

Yes, they do sell some items on Amazon but the same item is sold on LTTstore.

Nobody really addressed why there's no lttstore.com mentioned in the video.  On the TV (where I first saw it) I looked for any links that were associated with the menu, so like the down arrow would let you do more interactions but that was basically just "report this video" sort of thing.

On the computer the ad appeared, and under it there is an "Order Now" link.  But when I click on it, it just takes me to the shorts viewer, and shows me the ad there.  But again, no link to buy this from anywhere.  (Sure, if you go to the channel page, lttstore.com is the first link.  But that's indirect.)

Seems like you might sell more screwdrivers if you make it easier for people to buy them?  Maybe the answer is that these ads are only targeted to subscribers so it doesn't matter?

(Side Note: I already bought a stubby so it's classic InterWebz that after making a purchase, you see non-stop ads for a product.)