RTX 3090 FE

JakubR88

Can i make it so that my gpu fans do not spin under a certain temperature on this gpu?

30 minutes ago, JakubR88 said:

Can i make it so that my gpu fans do not spin under a certain temperature on this gpu?

Most Nvidia gpus have a 0% fan speed under certain temp thing already i think (dont hold me to that), but you can make your own fan curve if you wish possibly through bios, im not too sure, or through some 3rd party apps, id recommend fan control by Rem0o

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

39 minutes ago, JakubR88 said:

You either manually set a 0% fan speed at a certain temperature if your GPU doesn't have a built in zero fan mode.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

If you do that, your gpu will probably slowly heat up to 60° then start fans, stop fans and repeat.

I prefer having the fans run slowly always, this should be very silent.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

13 minutes ago, leclod said:

If you do that, your gpu will probably slowly heat up to 60° then start fans, stop fans and repeat.

I prefer having the fans run slowly always, this should be very silent.

I second this, even if up to 60 degrees they are on the lowest possible speed they can run, say for example 400rpm, it will move a minimal amount of air through the heatsink which cools a considerable amount more than no air and will still be, essentially, entirely silent

System specs:

Ran that card for two years, never once touched any software to manually change the fan curve. The fans would stop on their own by default when outside of 3D heavy workloads. If this is not happening, something you have installed/running is preventing it, the card is in too warm of an environment or its just faulty. 

41 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Ran that card for two years, never once touched any software to manually change the fan curve. The fans would stop on their own by default when outside of 3D heavy workloads. If this is not happening, something you have installed/running is preventing it, the card is in too warm of an environment or its just faulty. 

I was the same, though with a 3060, admittedly never ran nearly as hot but fans never moved unless there was some sort of load on the gpu

System specs:

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

oh right, i have the rtx 2060 super FE rn but wanted to get the 3090 FE, i couldnt do it on my 2060S FE so i was just wondering if i could on the new one

2 minutes ago, JakubR88 said:

oh right, i have the rtx 2060 super FE rn but wanted to get the 3090 FE, i couldnt do it on my 2060S FE so i was just wondering if i could on the new one

AFAIK any Ampere card, especially the FE models all have a zero RPM fan mode by default.

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

AFAIK any Ampere card, especially the FE models all have a zero RPM fan mode by default.

weird mine never did that