Good deal?

MexicanAnimal

Hi all!

I am building my new rig, and I was browsing through some classifieds, and I found someone selling their R9 280X's/. There's 2 of them, they're the gigabyte windforce ones. 

Here is retail price for them, and from this guy I can get 1 for $220 and 2 for $440, is that a good deal? Also, is 280X CF a good idea, or not?

Also, another big issue I have, it has a blue PCB

*shudders*

Can I Plastidip over the PCB with black plastidip, or not a good idea?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: or is there a backplate I can chuck on it?

Hi all!

I am building my new rig, and I was browsing through some classifieds, and I found someone selling their R9 280X's/. There's 2 of them, they're the gigabyte windforce ones. 

Here is retail price for them, and from this guy I can get 1 for $220 and 2 for $440, is that a good deal? Also, is 280X CF a good idea, or not?

Also, another big issue I have, it has a blue PCB

*shudders*

Can I Plastidip over the PCB with black plastidip, or not a good idea?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: or is there a backplate I can chuck on it?

Seems like a pretty good deal to me, and idk about the plastidip, but you could put a different cooler on there that matches your build color.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me, and idk about the plastidip, but you could put a different cooler on there that matches your build color.

Well my build is gonna be white/red, so that blue PCB is sort of a killer :/ Is there any backplates I can use on it or something?

Ya any old amd cards were prabally miners ask the guy before you buy them.

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Mining is terrible for cards.  While they may not of ran hot, unless they undervolted them properly mining 24/7 causes a card to degrade 10 times faster.  The problem is mining programs stress parts of the cards that generally are not stressed in a 3D environment.  Also mining programs often overvolt cards during calculations which also drastically can reduce its life span.  Video cards are not designed to do calculations, they are designed to render images.  Because of these 3 things mining kills cards so fast.  Average life span of a card used for mining is 6 months to 1 year.

Mining is terrible for cards.  While they may not of ran hot, unless they undervolted them properly mining 24/7 causes a card to degrade 10 times faster.  The problem is mining programs stress parts of the cards that generally are not stressed in a 3D environment.  Also mining programs often overvolt cards during calculations which also drastically can reduce its life span.  Video cards are not designed to do calculations, they are designed to render images.  Because of these 3 things mining kills cards so fast.  Average life span of a card used for mining is 6 months to 1 year.

I know, I asked if he mined with them, and he said he was gonna, but he ran out of funds to do so, not sure whether to believe him tho, I got a pic of the receipt and they were bought on the 12th, so 5 days ago, can't be that bad, can it?

I know, I asked if he mined with them, and he said he was gonna, but he ran out of funds to do so, not sure whether to believe him tho, I got a pic of the receipt and they were bought on the 12th, so 5 days ago, can't be that bad, can it?

If it was only 5 days ago he bought them, they'll be fine.