Help me decide...

CvrPaddyCvr

Hi guys, so I am currently looking for fans for my H100 (old I know, was planning to upgrade but didn't have funds) which is cooling my 3960X... Here is the problem, I am currently using the 2 stock fans that come with the H100 which in my opinion are like jet engines, always have my fan controller on my NZXT Phantom 820 set to low as they are soo loud but that then makes my PC really hot.

Here is my dilemma, I can get 4 of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F6S0XJO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for the price of 1 Noctua NF-F12. 

Should I get these, put my H100 in push - pull and use the fan controller to turn them down or should I just spend extra money and get 2 NF-F12's?

Any help would be great.

Cheers, Paddy.

Those Corsair fans should be fine, but do take into account that they will not be completely silent.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Push Pull is rather loud, you are better off with a pull configuration with the Noctua fans ( in my opinion ).

get em, great deal. in pull, af fans work on rads too.

true they arent completelly silent, but comparing to your stock fans they are loads better. not to mention price.

if you're putting that on a h100 then I'd suggest buy 2 of those and 2 of the SP120 ones (these you put on your h100).

I have the ap121 and 120 (these has most in stock) but I love t hem just plug them on 7V and forget about it. and it's not that noisy at 12v too.

Live your life like a dream.

It's £10.80 for 2 of the AF-120's so it would be £21.60 for 4 whereas it is like £19 for 1 Noctua NF-F12.

Might just get the 4 AF-120's and run them in push pull at lower speeds for noise :P

Can anyone recommend good thermal paste? As I have had my H100 for like 2 1/2 years and I think it really needs replaced :P

It's £10.80 for 2 of the AF-120's so it would be £21.60 for 4 whereas it is like £19 for 1 Noctua NF-F12.

Might just get the 4 AF-120's and run them in push pull at lower speeds for noise :P

Can anyone recommend good thermal paste? As I have had my H100 for like 2 1/2 years and I think it really needs replaced :P

don't get AF120s for a radiator they are bad for them for radiators get SP120s not AF120s

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

don't get AF120s for a radiator they are bad for them for radiators get SP120s not AF120s

common misconseption. allthough they work worse in push, in pull ALONE they work fine. they are often used in push pull in fat rads.

common misconseption. allthough they work worse in push, in pull ALONE they work fine. they are often used in push pull in fat rads.

they work fine but SP120s will be better than the AF fans

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log