First Time Build to Replace Optiplex 9020 MT Sleeper PC

Budget (including currency): Around $500 USD

Gaming:

Horizon Zero Dawn, Hitman World of Assassins, Alan Wake Remastered, Spider-man 2, Death Stranding, Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War etc. (a mix of newer linear and open world titles as well as some indie) Emulation (Yuzu, RCPS3, PCSX2)

Programs:

Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier mainly), Blender, Unreal Engine 5

Current Build:

CPU - i7 4790

Motherboard - PC5F7

RAM - 16gb

GPU - Zotac 1070ti Mini

Case - Optiplex 9020mt

Storage - 500gb SSD, 4tb HDD

PSU - EVGA 750 GQ 80+ Gold

Planned PC:

MOBO - Gigabyte B660M AORUS ELITE AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

CPU - i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor OR i3 (12th Gen) i3-12100 Quad-core (4 Core) 3.30 GHz 

CPU Cooler - White NZXT T120 RGB 50.18 CFM CPU Cooler

RAM - White Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16

CASE - White NZXT H5 Flow RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

Existing Parts/Bringing from current PC:

PSU - EVGA 750W GQ 80 Plus Gold Semi-Modular

Main Storage - WD Blue  500GB SATA SSD

Secondary Storage - 4tb WD Blue HDD 5400 RPM

GPU - Zotac 1070 ti Mini (Dual Fan)

Main Monitor - 22" Sceptre 1080p 60hz

Secondary Monitor - 20" Sceptre 1080p 60hz

Keyboard - CoolerMaster SK650

Mouse - Razer Death Adder 2013

I'm looking to get the parts for this new PC from now till early January. My main goal is to build a lower budget machine that's future proof to upgrade down the line. I know this won't instantly give me the highest quality gaming due to the 1070 ti and 1080p low hz monitors. But those will be upgraded down the line. I stuck with DDR4 as it's cheaper and I believe will perform great for the price even when compared to DDR5. As for the motherboard, I was looking for again mid range price with an LGA 1700 socket while retaining M.2 slots, RGB and fan headers, many USB 2.0, USB 3.0+ and USB C ports/headers, built in Bluetooth (the wifi is unnecessary but seems to come with the Bluetooth which is a must for me), BIOS USB. I also want something that will Aesthetically match the rest of the build including the GPU. A benefit of the case I picked is airflow, it comes with two front panel RGB fans and the dedicated 120mm GPU fan as the 1070 ti runs very hot even with 2 fans and down clocked in my current PC. If anyone has recommendations on changes in parts additions etc. that would be greatly appreciate. Especially if you have experience with Emulation on something like the i3 vs. i5 listed!

14 hours ago, RosieDreams said:

Budget (including currency): Around $500 USD

Gaming:

Horizon Zero Dawn, Hitman World of Assassins, Alan Wake Remastered, Spider-man 2, Death Stranding, Elden Ring, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War etc. (a mix of newer linear and open world titles as well as some indie) Emulation (Yuzu, RCPS3, PCSX2)

Programs:

Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier mainly), Blender, Unreal Engine 5

Current Build:

CPU - i7 4790

Motherboard - PC5F7

RAM - 16gb

GPU - Zotac 1070ti Mini

Case - Optiplex 9020mt

Storage - 500gb SSD, 4tb HDD

PSU - EVGA 750 GQ 80+ Gold

Planned PC:

MOBO - Gigabyte B660M AORUS ELITE AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard

CPU - i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor OR i3 (12th Gen) i3-12100 Quad-core (4 Core) 3.30 GHz 

CPU Cooler - White NZXT T120 RGB 50.18 CFM CPU Cooler

RAM - White Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16

CASE - White NZXT H5 Flow RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

Existing Parts/Bringing from current PC:

PSU - EVGA 750W GQ 80 Plus Gold Semi-Modular

Main Storage - WD Blue  500GB SATA SSD

Secondary Storage - 4tb WD Blue HDD 5400 RPM

GPU - Zotac 1070 ti Mini (Dual Fan)

Main Monitor - 22" Sceptre 1080p 60hz

Secondary Monitor - 20" Sceptre 1080p 60hz

Keyboard - CoolerMaster SK650

Mouse - Razer Death Adder 2013

I'm looking to get the parts for this new PC from now till early January. My main goal is to build a lower budget machine that's future proof to upgrade down the line. I know this won't instantly give me the highest quality gaming due to the 1070 ti and 1080p low hz monitors. But those will be upgraded down the line. I stuck with DDR4 as it's cheaper and I believe will perform great for the price even when compared to DDR5. As for the motherboard, I was looking for again mid range price with an LGA 1700 socket while retaining M.2 slots, RGB and fan headers, many USB 2.0, USB 3.0+ and USB C ports/headers, built in Bluetooth (the wifi is unnecessary but seems to come with the Bluetooth which is a must for me), BIOS USB. I also want something that will Aesthetically match the rest of the build including the GPU. A benefit of the case I picked is airflow, it comes with two front panel RGB fans and the dedicated 120mm GPU fan as the 1070 ti runs very hot even with 2 fans and down clocked in my current PC. If anyone has recommendations on changes in parts additions etc. that would be greatly appreciate. Especially if you have experience with Emulation on something like the i3 vs. i5 listed!

Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  @ $563.85

Intel Core i3-12100 3.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor @ $484.95