40 series nvidia laptop budget under 1300USD

Hi!

I want to buy a laptop under the budget of 1300US dollars, preferably around 1100.

I am a junior computer science student but my work flow does actually need the lastest hardware features. That's why I'm set to get a 40 series and preferably a 13th gen Intel or 70 series AMD...

I type alot, so I do need a good keyboard to get me to full speed.

And of course just like everyone else I would be happy if the built quality is good enough to last me more than 2-3 years...

My last laptop was an IdeaPad 520 that got a broken hinge(which led to the screen breaking 2 times!) And at least 3 of the key caps just fall out when I type because of the tremendous abuse I put them through...

In those 3 years that I had it I went from 20 wpm to now around 100... So those keys have seen alot of abuse.

I know that not all of the things I specified will be available... I don't need the most powerful thing... Even a 4050(to be honest a 3050 is enough power for me) and an i5 12th gen is good...

But as I said I mostly need the new features...

Based on my budget I think a 4060(for the extra VRAM) and a 13th gen "U" CPU is gonna be possible... Yet I don't know that many Laptops that I can be assured of the built quality(and it being easily fixable!)

Extra stuff that I would be very happy to have is a 100+Hz display... A numpad... And above 16" size... Maybe 1440p display although that is just pushing it with this budget really...

But each of these could be an extra point... Maybe I'm being unrealistic with my budget... But I would be happy to hear any criticism and any suggestions that don't necessarily match my requirements.

When you want the highest spec for the lowest cost you'll have to sacrifice everything else.

Some notable 2023 models you can look out for are:

Acer Nitro/Helios

Lenovo Legion/LOQ

Gigabyte G5

Asus TUF/Strix

HP Victus 

Also depending on where you live, you can get a clevo or tongfang rebranded laptop which are easier on the wallet(XMG,Eluktronics etc.). I won't have a specific listing for you because these laptops go on sale so often and brands like Lenovo often have education discounts so do some research on what kind of discounts you can receive.

https://www.youtube.com/@GizmoSlipTech/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@JarrodsTech

Check out these channels to see how repairable the laptop you are interested in will be.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

21 minutes ago, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

When you want the highest spec for the lowest cost you'll have to sacrifice everything else.

Some notable 2023 models you can look out for are:

Acer Nitro/Helios

Lenovo Legion/LOQ

Gigabyte G5

Asus TUF/Strix

HP Victus 

Also depending on where you live, you can get a clevo or tongfang rebranded laptop which are easier on the wallet(XMG,Eluktronics etc.). I won't have a specific listing for you because these laptops go on sale so often and brands like Lenovo often have education discounts so do some research on what kind of discounts you can receive.

https://www.youtube.com/@GizmoSlipTech/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@JarrodsTech

Check out these channels to see how repairable the laptop you are interested in will be.

Mhmm... I was more looking towards something that has acceptable build quality(not necessarily the best speakers or webcam... I just don't want it to break start falling apart after 1 year of usage) but of course when I go for the latest that's what happens.

Thank you for the channels! I will go look through them for those videos!

Other than all that... among all those is there any of them that you yourself would be willing to buy with that price range?(regardless of probable discounts)

26 minutes ago, PBlague said:

Mhmm... I was more looking towards something that has acceptable build quality(not necessarily the best speakers or webcam... I just don't want it to break start falling apart after 1 year of usage) but of course when I go for the latest that's what happens.

Thank you for the channels! I will go look through them for those videos!

The listed models from 2023 have decent build quality. The cheaper ones will have more plastic but you'll find those to still have pretty beefy cooling systems and a properly constructed hinge as well as decent user upgradability. So they are unlikely to break within their lifespan. 

Here is another channel to see what a well or poorly constructed laptops are:

https://www.youtube.com/@NuclearNotebook/videos

26 minutes ago, PBlague said:

Other than all that... among all those is there any of them that you yourself would be willing to buy with that price range?(regardless of probable discounts)

Assuming that we're looking at a laptop with a 12th/13th gen intel or 7x Ryzen with a RTX 4060/4050.

The ultimate budget laptops will be the Asus TUF or Acer Nitro 5 or the Gigabyte G5 or lower end HP victus series. These can be had for below 1KUSD but they often feature low storage, average screens and lower battery life. 

A slight step up from that would be the LOQ or Heilos laptops and the higher end ones would be the Asus Strix and Lenovo Legion. For me personally I would look at at a higher spec Lenovo LOQ 16" since these have pretty decent displays with all the hardware and storage. It is a step down from the Legion since its plastic and missing features like fingerprint and higher end displays but I find them to be a good middle ground. The Lenovo Legion Slim 5i 16" is pretty close to the budget too. 

You'll probably not go wrong with any of these laptops listed. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

4 minutes ago, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

The listed models from 2023 have decent build quality. The cheaper ones will have more plastic but you'll find those to still have pretty beefy cooling systems and a properly constructed hinge as well as decent user upgradability. So they are unlikely to break within their lifespan. 

Here is another channel to see what a well or poorly constructed laptops are:

https://www.youtube.com/@NuclearNotebook/videos

Assuming that we're looking at a laptop with a 12th/13th gen intel or 7x Ryzen with a RTX 4060/4050.

The ultimate budget laptops will be the Asus TUF or Acer Nitro 5 or the Gigabyte G5 or lower end HP victus series. These can be had for below 1KUSD but they often feature low storage, average screens and lower battery life. 

A slight step up from that would be the LOQ or Heilos laptops and the higher end ones would be the Asus Strix and Lenovo Legion. For me personally I would look at at a higher spec Lenovo LOQ 16" since these have pretty decent displays with all the hardware and storage. It is a step down from the Legion since its plastic and missing features like fingerprint and higher end displays but I find them to be a good middle ground. The Lenovo Legion Slim 5i 16" is pretty close to the budget too. 

You'll probably not go wrong with any of these laptops listed. 

Thank you very very much!