Cloning on displays with different refresh rates [AMD]

Setup:
Display 1: AOC monitor (Freesync capable), 240Hz, connected via DP
Display 2: Samsung TV 60Hz, connected via HDMI
GPU: 6900XT
OS: Windows 10&11 (swapped over to W11 after the incident, same problem)

all drivers are up to date !

Issue:

Exact same setup was running for 2-3 years, but after fiddling around in the settings (which I of course reverted) it doesn't anymore.

On the desktop everything works fine, Display1 runs smoothly @240Hz while the TV runs @60Hz. Problem only occurs in games. Display 1 drops down to 60Hz which causes an unsmooth gaming experience and tearing from time to time. Was never an issue before.

My personal assumption:

Checked the AMD display settings. Display 1 has 1920x1080 with a !dynamic! refresh rate range from 40 to 240 Hz while the TV has only 1920x1080 at 60 Hz. So I assume the GPU caps display 1 to 60 Hz so both run at the same resolution and refresh rate.  Custom resolution should not be possible because it says display cloning is not possible anymore after.

So my question is if anyone may have a similar setup and could fetch me his settings. So far I have searched the internet for hours but couldn't find anyone with the same issue (at least not with an AMD card). 

Appreciate any kind of help

[SOLVED]

There seems to be an issue with Windows 11 driver 23.7.1.

I used the AMD Cleanup Utility and clean installed the previous driver (23.5.2). Everything works perfect here. Guess I haven't played any games since the last update and therefore didn't notice. You can find previous driver versions by visiting the AMD Drivers and Support page, choose your product and clicking the little "previous drivers" link at the bottom. Updating to 23.7.1 brings back the issue so I am gonna stall the updates for a while. Maybe something AMD should look into?