Help with dual booting windows and Linux

So, I have an Asus Tuf (i7) with me and I tried dual booting ubuntu and windows with it but there were a few problems there always, like the cpu fan rpm not changing even when it was getting hot and the major issue was the bluetooth not working properly. To be more specific the bluetooth was working on one os either ubuntu or windows but not on both. I already did the key swapping thing which was the most common solution but still it was no good. I tried the same on both windows 11 and windows 10... but no good still.

Now the thing is that I did all of this on one single ssd by partitioning it... But my laptop has one more slot. So, should I buy another ssd and go for separate os on both? Can someone say if it will work or not? And what will be the boot loader, in this case, grub or UEFI?

None of the problems you are describing are likely related to sharing a drive so I would say it would not have any impact.

I haven't used Ubuntu in a long time but I suspect it doesn't have power management configured out of the box or it doesn't have support for your sensors.

Did you try switching to a newer kernel?

Make sure you have "fast startup" disabled in Windows.

1 hour ago, PCGamer2727 said:

None of the problems you are describing are likely related to sharing a drive so I would say it would not have any impact.

I haven't used Ubuntu in a long time but I suspect it doesn't have power management configured out of the box or it doesn't have support for your sensors.

Did you try switching to a newer kernel?

Make sure you have "fast startup" disabled in Windows.

tbh the CPU fan problem is not that great. The Bluetooth one is a real pain. For example, if the Bluetooth is working on Ubuntu fine, then when I switch over to Windows, then it does not show any device at all, and when it does it keeps labelling them as unknown devices. I saw on some Reddit post that the Wi-Fi+bluetooth installed on the ASUS tuf series seems to be causing the problems. I already tried making the pairing keys the same for both systems but it does not work.

I disabled the fast boot when I was trying to solve these issues. And I was using the latest kernel (not beta) available in Aug-Sept last year.

I was using ubuntu for 6 six months but had to switch back to Windows due to some issues (mostly gaming related), but now I feel like going back to it or some better distro since my uni is pushing for it (god knows why). If I see no better alternative then I will just stick with VMs.

Anyways thanks for the help