Pc Powering on but no display

LeafyWhale
Go to solution Solved by Numbafieve,

https://www.cgdirector.com/msi-ez-debug-leds-troubleshooting/

Here is something i found, you may not have Q-codes but MSI has something half as good. If you go through it you may find something.  If not def report back here boss.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with my PC setup and could use some help. I've got an i5 12600k on a z790-P wifi motherboard with DDR5 6000 MHz Trident D5 RAM, and no dedicated GPU since the CPU has integrated graphics.

The issue is that when I connect my HDMI to the motherboard slot, nothing shows up on the screen. The monitor detects a connection, but there's no display. I've already checked the connections and tried to get into the BIOS, but nothing seems to work.

I've seen a green light on the motherboard, which I assume indicates everything is fine. However, I'm still unable to get any display.

Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem and how I can fix it? any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Im guessing there is no Q-Code readout on your motherboard?  That would be the most helpful at this point really.
If not then from what I found 12th gen may need a more up to date BIOS to function on that newer chipset.

21 minutes ago, Numbafieve said:

Im guessing there is no Q-Code readout on your motherboard?  That would be the most helpful at this point really.
If not then from what I found 12th gen may need a more up to date BIOS to function on that newer chipset.

No there is no q code, but how do I update the bios if I can’t acces it in the first place?

if its an ASUS mobo then they usually have a way to do it via a USB drive written to from another computer, If its not an ASUS mobo its more likely you would need a CPU that is already compatable (13th gen).  But before we do anything that extreme do an idiot check and walk yourself through all the stuff you plugged in and installed when building it.  Im assuming you build this computer yourself from off the shelf parts?  Also if you could tell us exactly what parts you have that would be super cool cuz we could help more if we knew what we were working with.

It’s an msi and as for the specific parts 

I5 12600k

Msi pro Z790-p

no gpu

sabrent rocket 2TB 4

Corsair rm750e in a 4000d case

image.jpg

Both ASUS and Gigabyte have a feature to update the BIOS without a CPU (nor RAM nor Boot drive). ASUS call it BIOS flashback and Gigabyte call it Q-Flash. That feature may exist in boards from other manufacturers but with different names.

3 minutes ago, LeafyWhale said:

It’s an msi and as for the specific parts 

MSI requires you boot into the BIOS to flash an ugrade. Their feature is named M-Flash.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z790-P/support

I think the easiest way to update your BIOS will be to add a discrete GPU  so you can boot into the BIOS. You probably can visit a repair shop (or the original seller of the motherboard and ask for a BIOS flash. If no one will help, you can always ask for a refund/exchange since you can't use the motherboard as it is.

8 minutes ago, Numbafieve said:

https://www.cgdirector.com/msi-ez-debug-leds-troubleshooting/

Here is something i found, you may not have Q-codes but MSI has something half as good. If you go through it you may find something.  If not def report back here boss.

It was a janky power cable and the lights were also a bit janky fixed now, thanks for that appreciate it 

Guys what are you all on about you dont need a dgpu to get into bios, K series cpus has a igpu????

anyways for what you want to do is probably get troubleshoot your other components as your cpu is compatible from the first bios (meaning you can rule out bios compatibility), try removing sticks of ram and checking power supply connections and work from there. Reply to me if you still need help, Ill be free for a bit.

7 minutes ago, LeafyWhale said:

It was a janky power cable and the lights were also a bit janky fixed now, thanks for that appreciate it 

FYI, green light means it can’t find a bootable device. My guess is new build, didn’t have windows installed. Once you’ve got windows installed green light should go away. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?