Odd battery behavior on bootup with Asus gaming laptop

Hello all. I have an odd issue with my laptop battery. My laptop model is Asus ROG Strix GL704GW-PS74. I have gone in and updated the ram to dual channel 32gb and I added a 2nd 2tb ssd to it. I am on windows 11 and I have all the latest drivers and BIOS from the Asus website.

I have a couple odd issues with the battery. I can chalk this up to the laptop being a couple years old and maybe the battery needs replaced, but there is a couple things that make me think there is something else going on here.

I have to have the laptop plugged in on bootup. No matter what. If I am on my laptop, and it is connected to the charger, and I shut down and unplug it, it will die/drain the battery to 0% if I try to boot it up without being plugged in. Even if I the battery was charged to a solid amount. However, if I am plugged in on boot up, and the battery icon shows a solid percentage, I can unplug the power supply and use the battery as normal. For example; the laptop has been on and plugged in for the last half hour or so. I unplugged the power supply when the battery read 60%, and it has been working fine on just the battery. Normal drain time. I am getting about 40 minuets of power after unplugging the power supply at 60% battery.

If I try and boot the laptop without AC connected, it will boot up to the windows log on screen, and as soon as I enter my password, it will shut down and I'll need to connect the AC power to boot it back up. When it boots, the battery says 0%.

Also, if I do a full shutdown after the AC has been plugged in and the battery is charged up to any solid amount, if the laptop is left turned off for a day or two, the battery will be drained to almost 0% when I boot back up. And again, I HAVE to be on the AC power supply to boot, or it dies instantly at the windows log in screen.

Is this a faulty battery, or is something else going on? Do Asus batteries have firmware updates I should try?