4300G enough?

Go to solution Solved by Agall,
10 minutes ago, Wildgg said:

I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to APU's so forgive me if this is a stupid question..

It will be used with a 58'' 4k tv, 4k playback is not needed, 1080p would be fine.
It will be used to watch movies and livestreams(twitch/youtube/F1TV), no gaming.

Is the 4300G good enough to run this?

It'll do just fine at 4K playback. Just make sure the motherboard supports HDMI 2.0 at least.

I run my TV off a PC, who's hardware swaps depending on whatever side project I'm doing. The M.2 drive with the OS configured for such is like the neighborhood cat. Ensuring HDMI 2.0 output is the only real requirement, where anything capable of doing that is also capable of doing the task at hand.

My i7 4790k on the other hand only came with an HDMI 1.4, which means it needs some sort of e-waste display adapter (at a minimum) to run it, so its currently supported by a 3950x and GT 1030.

I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to APU's so forgive me if this is a stupid question..

It will be used with a 58'' 4k tv, 4k playback is not needed, 1080p would be fine.
It will be used to watch movies and livestreams(twitch/youtube/F1TV), no gaming.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

10 minutes ago, Wildgg said:

It'll do just fine at 4K playback. Just make sure the motherboard supports HDMI 2.0 at least.

I run my TV off a PC, who's hardware swaps depending on whatever side project I'm doing. The M.2 drive with the OS configured for such is like the neighborhood cat. Ensuring HDMI 2.0 output is the only real requirement, where anything capable of doing that is also capable of doing the task at hand.

My i7 4790k on the other hand only came with an HDMI 1.4, which means it needs some sort of e-waste display adapter (at a minimum) to run it, so its currently supported by a 3950x and GT 1030.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017