Visual artifacts in only one game

Go to solution Solved by Sawa Takahashi,

I don't think it's a hardware problem since it happens in only one game. You can always try to RMA but I doubt it will accomplish anything. At least, take time to talk with the customer service of the GPU to see if they have any suggestions before doing an RMA.

I found a few threads on reddit discussing the issues of the game and it seems that all GPUs encounter some problems with that game. Best explanation is that the game has been created for the PS5 and some dedicated hardware is responsible to decompressing the texture. When porting to Windows, that hardware is not available and they substituted a badly coded subroutine to make the CPU do the work. There comes the artifacts.

Source: many reddit threads. Just google re4 remake issues and artifacts.

Problem in cuestion

I have recently upgraded to a rx6700xt from a gtx 1060 3gb, (uninstalled old drivers with ddu while in safe mode) and pretty much every game i trow at it works just fine (including other AAA games like elden ring and Nier: Automata), same with a 20 min furmark run.  
But when i try to play re4 remake i get these weird artefacts, i don't know if those are caused by the game itself or are gpu artifacts, i'm really worried if i should send my gpu to RMA or not.

Specs:

-ryzen 5 5600

-rx6700xt

-16gb 2400mhz

-evga 600b psu

Check online if it's a known issue with Radeon cards? If you can't find anything then play around with the graphics settings one at a time to isolate which setting is causing the artifacts. If could just be a method of anti aliasing or something along those lines

Also check your VRAM usage to see if that's the issue. I've seen people complain about frame drops in RE4m with Radeon cards that have lover amounts of VRAM

I don't think it's a hardware problem since it happens in only one game. You can always try to RMA but I doubt it will accomplish anything. At least, take time to talk with the customer service of the GPU to see if they have any suggestions before doing an RMA.

I found a few threads on reddit discussing the issues of the game and it seems that all GPUs encounter some problems with that game. Best explanation is that the game has been created for the PS5 and some dedicated hardware is responsible to decompressing the texture. When porting to Windows, that hardware is not available and they substituted a badly coded subroutine to make the CPU do the work. There comes the artifacts.

Source: many reddit threads. Just google re4 remake issues and artifacts.