RTX 3080 Temperature check and power connecter advice

Continuing from my previous thread (it got derailed from people auguring about 7900 XTX and CPU score... hope this thread will stay on track...)

I got a new PSU and done testing again on my Aorus Master RTX 3080 Rev 2, thankfully OPP/OCP didn't trip on this 850W (Corsair  RMe850 ATX 3.0) PSU compared to my old one.

I'm wondering if The GPU temps are ok especially Gigabyte had bad thermal pad on their 3080s, but this should got fixed with Rev 2 cards

(I admit my ambient is too high, but I don't have a AC, and I'm in Sweden so temps usually don't get this high)

Here are the results:

Note that seems the GPU temps got hotter when running the Furmark stress tests. (all temperature are in Celsius)

image.thumb.png.81be19d689b187cc4504e9185d0ffecd.png

About Power Connectors:

The Corsair RMe850 ATX 3.0 comes with two PCIe cables, one has an extra daisy chained PCIe connector. So it's 1+2

image.thumb.png.7325f024c09637c3ef24debda6d71561.png

The Aorus Master card requires 3 PCIe connector, and I noticed that they have separate wattage thought them on CPUID HWMonitor, meaning one cable is taking 220+W while the other taking 110+W. 

Not quite sure how accurate that is, but 220+W is actually over the power rating of the cable (I checked Cybentics report, the cable is using 16+18AWG cable, thicker 16 AWG cable can carry 15 Amps, multiply 12 Volt is 180W, over 220W it is carrying.

I'm considering buying an individual sleeved cable kit like this which (including two PCIe cable) to replace the daisy chained one. 

Corsair Sleevade Kablar Type 4 Gen 4 Startkit -Vit - Inet.se

I had a 3080 previously, a basic Gigabyte Eagle, and your temps look quite usual for a 3080 with high ambient 23C+

On my card temps were bad from the start, up to like 75C/90C, even with fans blowing pretty loudly, and VRAM temp were even worse at 110C on mining (was just testing it, didn't really mine for more than 1 hour!)

I first "repadded" the card (esp. added pads on the back) and gained 3-5C on GPU but 15C on VRAM, still noisy, then ended up watercooling it to have a quiet rig...

About power you really don't need 3 individual cables, a 3080 is 320W stock and can only reach 400W on a super crazy OC, even then 2 cables will be enough, using one pigtail is ok

My card even worked ok at stock with only 1 cable with pigtail, on a RM850x PSU (which is only marginally "better" than yours)

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

I had a 3080 previously, a basic Gigabyte Eagle, and your temps look quite usual for a 3080 with high ambient 23C+

On my card temps were bad from the start, up to like 75C/90C, even with fans blowing pretty loudly, and VRAM temp were even worse at 110C on mining (was just testing it, didn't really mine for more than 1 hour!)

I first "repadded" the card (esp. added pads on the back) and gained 3-5C on GPU but 15C on VRAM, still noisy, then ended up watercooling it to have a quiet rig...

About power you really don't need 3 individual cables, a 3080 is 320W stock and can only reach 400W on a super crazy OC, even then 2 cables will be enough, using one pigtail is ok

My card even worked ok at stock with only 1 cable with pigtail, on a RM850x PSU (which is only marginally "better" than yours)

Thanks for the insight!

Mine is probably an ex-mining card. but I chose an quite high-end card so even if they were mined on, VRAM/GPU die won't get too hot (Seller in Finland also helps, better than say in Southern China, or Greece/Spain)

Anyhow the Aorus Master is factory OCed, so HWminitor reports the peak power draw is 359-370. Hence I'm a bit concerned for the main cable of that daisy Chained. cable. I might just get that individually sleaved set since it's on a steep sale. (Would perfered teh cables are black... we shall see)