RX6600 power off at 80C

Hello,

I have very weird problem and I have found that it has to do with temps of the card. The card is MSI MECH X2 RX6600

It powers off immediately, and needs about a minute to allow me to power on again, just like thermal emergency power down.

I thought it was my fault because I dont have a good case, and my fan curve was about an open case i had before. But it never reaches 90C hotspot temp, yet alone 115C wich should be emergency power off temp.

I have raised the power limit from 100W (core) to 115W (with MorePowerTool) but I keep the temps under control. It seems to happen at load, but not always, and not always at the same temp.

Weird thing is that at stress test, i draw more watts, and have higher temps, but it does not power off.

I have tested changing fan curve, but its never fast enough, only stock seems to never power off, but it is extremely loud and cool (hotspot 75C) and 2300rpm.

I have a screenshot of a log, at the moment it powered off. I cant see anything wrong besides VRAM MHz, but thats at 0 for over 2 mins.

Any ideas?

image.png.718409d7d663ded046e4befcb30e1a70.png

10 hours ago, L_Camperious said:

Hello,

I have very weird problem and I have found that it has to do with temps of the card. The card is MSI MECH X2 RX6600

It powers off immediately, and needs about a minute to allow me to power on again, just like thermal emergency power down.

I thought it was my fault because I dont have a good case, and my fan curve was about an open case i had before. But it never reaches 90C hotspot temp, yet alone 115C wich should be emergency power off temp.

I have raised the power limit from 100W (core) to 115W (with MorePowerTool) but I keep the temps under control. It seems to happen at load, but not always, and not always at the same temp.

Weird thing is that at stress test, i draw more watts, and have higher temps, but it does not power off.

I have tested changing fan curve, but its never fast enough, only stock seems to never power off, but it is extremely loud and cool (hotspot 75C) and 2300rpm.

I have a screenshot of a log, at the moment it powered off. I cant see anything wrong besides VRAM MHz, but thats at 0 for over 2 mins.

Any ideas?

image.png.718409d7d663ded046e4befcb30e1a70.png

If it suddenly powers off, its more likely due to your PSU tripped OPP or OCP.

You can check Event Viewer to see if it's a software problem or hardware problem.