CPU Upgrade Advice

Budget (including currency): ~$300 (for upgrade)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Existing part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z7tHk9

One of my friends is going to buy my 5800x off me for $200 and I'm wondering what the best upgrade for me would be. The 5800x3d and 5900x are very close in price (~$300) and I don't know what to choose.

I do a fair amount of video editing, so I know that leans more CPU heavy. What should be my process for picking between these two chips? (is the 5950x ever worth it?)

8 hours ago, juniorjames316 said:

for $200

making it out there like bandits. Holy shit.

8 hours ago, juniorjames316 said:

The 5800x3d and 5900x are very close in price (~$300) and I don't know what to choose.

"Fair amount of video editing" is not a lot to go off of. 5800X3D shines hard on gaming while 5900X productivity is undeniable for AM4. 5950X is a bit too hard to cool and not every board can handle it even on dead stock. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.