Adding 1 drive to a raid5 array

Hi,

Long story short, I asked a question about how to add a drive in my NAS on the QNAP forum and some admin just got really annoyed by this and got arrogant af, I told him to just scroll onto another post, now I'm banned...Wow, ego trip, anyway...

Now, my 451 (4bay) died so I replaced it with a 464 (6bay). Did the migration, everything was smooth, no data loss. The system is in raid5 and now I have 2 bays that I can add drives to.  Easy thing to do for sure but all the how to that I read, or watch talk about a storage pool. Now if you look at the picture I attached, I have no pool whatsoever. It's like a big 16tb HD, nothing else. Is the process the same if no pool was created?  Do I have to create one? Will my date be affected if I do?

Thanks !

Screenshot 2023-06-06 083609.png

- I9 13900K - Asus ROG Maximus Z670 Hero - Corsair H150i LCD - Asus RTX 3080 - Thermaltake P3 Pro case - 32Gb G-Skill TridentZ DDR5 6400  - WD SN850X 2TB OS Drive  - Asus THOR 1200 Watts PSU - LG Ultragear 32" - Asus VX 27" - Stinky Footboard - Razer Basilisk Pro with dock - Corsair K100 Keyboard - Asus RT-AC3100 Router - Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless Headset - Razer Tartarus V2

I think your array may have been created before QNAP pools were a thing possibly. Been a while since I used QNAP but how the arrays are created has changed since then.

Anyway do you see anything when you try this?

On the new NAS, go to Storage & Snapshots > Storage > Disks/VJBOD .
Click Recover, and then select Attach and Recover Storage Pool.

Screenshot of 'Disks/VJBOD' would also help.

Here is the screenshot you asked for 🙂

Screenshot 2023-06-06 093309.png

- I9 13900K - Asus ROG Maximus Z670 Hero - Corsair H150i LCD - Asus RTX 3080 - Thermaltake P3 Pro case - 32Gb G-Skill TridentZ DDR5 6400  - WD SN850X 2TB OS Drive  - Asus THOR 1200 Watts PSU - LG Ultragear 32" - Asus VX 27" - Stinky Footboard - Razer Basilisk Pro with dock - Corsair K100 Keyboard - Asus RT-AC3100 Router - Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless Headset - Razer Tartarus V2

1 hour ago, Madspec said:

Here is the screenshot you asked for 🙂

Screenshot 2023-06-06 093309.png

Thanks, bottom right click on "RAID Group" and see if there is an expand option (after you have added the new extra disk). If not top right "Recover" and see if you can recover/import the Storage Pool that was created on the other NAS.