Available cases that have the option for sidepanel fans

Hello everybody! 🙂

I just made this account because non of my friends is sadly that much interested or has weird ideas like I do.

So first of the system I have now is completely fine and I've got nothing to complain about but I like to change things from time to time.

I'm currently thinking about moving to a much more efficient tower. The tower should have a sidepanel where I can put 2-4 fans for air intake. I saw that corsair had the Graphite Series 600T but I can't find any vendor (in Germany) for that. Other than that since I've got only one 2"5 SSD so the whole HDD/SDD rack is a waste of space. I could saw it out but I don't think I'm a fan of this idea.

I'm also thinking about throwing my rbg parts out. As I grew older the flashing lights are less appealing to me so I would look for more effective fans but of course only if it really makes a difference and I can controll them over software (like iCue for Corsair). I'm thinking of some Noctua fans actually so if you provide me the best between noise and cooling I'd be thankful 🙂 
So I'm looking mainly for a new tower, secondary for new casefans.

I tried to highlight specific parts for my main problems/ideas and also provide you some of my beautiful mspaint creations.

I thank everybody in advance for even giving it a thought and I appreciate any recommandation you have. 

Also please be respectful and don't give me hate for some of my equip. I tend to do this all of my own and my friends only show minimum interest to the whole PC building stuff so I got none to debate with.

So my current setup is this:

Case: Corsair 750D Airflow

PSU: 1000W be quiet! Dark Power Pro Modular 80+ Platinum

Motherboard: MSI-Pro Z690-A DDR4 (ATX)

CPU: i9-12900K

GPU: Palit RTX3090 Gamerock OC (undervolted) [ 304 x 136 x 60 mm ]

RAM: 2x 16GB Vengeance Corsair RGB Pro

Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z

CPU-Cooling: H115i Elite Capellix (front of case 2x Corsair ML140)

Case-Cooling top: 3x Corsair LL140

Case-Cooling rear: 1x Corsair LL140 (1 LED is defective)

3x M.2 SSDs

1x 2"5 SSDs

The "eggshell" colored once are the idea I have.
The black one is my current setup.

behold.png

stuff.png

PCnow.png

8 minutes ago, Philborg said:

Hello everybody! 🙂

I just made this account because non of my friends is sadly that much interested or has weird ideas like I do.

So first of the system I have now is completely fine and I've got nothing to complain about but I like to change things from time to time.

I'm currently thinking about moving to a much more efficient tower. The tower should have a sidepanel where I can put 2-4 fans for air intake. I saw that corsair had the Graphite Series 600T but I can't find any vendor (in Germany) for that. Other than that since I've got only one 2"5 SSD so the whole HDD/SDD rack is a waste of space. I could saw it out but I don't think I'm a fan of this idea.

I'm also thinking about throwing my rbg parts out. As I grew older the flashing lights are less appealing to me so I would look for more effective fans but of course only if it really makes a difference and I can controll them over software (like iCue for Corsair). I'm thinking of some Noctua fans actually so if you provide me the best between noise and cooling I'd be thankful 🙂 
So I'm looking mainly for a new tower, secondary for new casefans.

I tried to highlight specific parts for my main problems/ideas and also provide you some of my beautiful mspaint creations.

I thank everybody in advance for even giving it a thought and I appreciate any recommandation you have. 

Also please be respectful and don't give me hate for some of my equip. I tend to do this all of my own and my friends only show minimum interest to the whole PC building stuff so I got none to debate with.

So my current setup is this:

Case: Corsair 750D Airflow

PSU: 1000W be quiet! Dark Power Pro Modular 80+ Platinum

Motherboard: MSI-Pro Z690-A DDR4 (ATX)

CPU: i9-12900K

GPU: Palit RTX3090 Gamerock OC (undervolted) [ 304 x 136 x 60 mm ]

RAM: 2x 16GB Vengeance Corsair RGB Pro

Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z

CPU-Cooling: H115i Elite Capellix (front of case 2x Corsair ML140)

Case-Cooling top: 3x Corsair LL140

Case-Cooling rear: 1x Corsair LL140 (1 LED is defective)

3x M.2 SSDs

1x 2"5 SSDs

The "eggshell" colored once are the idea I have.
The black one is my current setup.

behold.png

stuff.png

PCnow.png

the fractal north has the option for fans on the side 

black: Fractal Design North ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-C-NOR1C-01) - PCPartPicker

white: Fractal Design North ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-C-NOR1C-03) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 hours ago, Philborg said:

I could saw it out but I don't think I'm a fan of this idea.

Modifying a case likely is your best course of action, especially if you want to try and get four fans in the side panel. I've used many things over the years to accomplish this. However I'm quickly becoming a fan of these ventilation grilles (example link) when "windows" aren't involved. They come in various sizes, and numbers of fans. It also means your cuts can be less precise, as the grille covers up more.

Here is an example of one I installed to the front panel of my NAS to help it breath easier:

truenas11.jpg

2 hours ago, filpo said:

Thanks for the link. My GF would love me to have the white one bc it works together with our furniture in the living room. Imma check this out on YouTube for some Info 🙂

9 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

Modifying a case likely is your best course of action, especially if you want to try and get four fans in the side panel. I've used many things over the years to accomplish this. However I'm quickly becoming a fan of these ventilation grilles (example link) when "windows" aren't involved. They come in various sizes, and numbers of fans. It also means your cuts can be less precise, as the grille covers up more.

Here is an example of one I installed to the front panel of my NAS to help it breath easier:

truenas11.jpg

This is actually a good idea and makes so much more cases useable.
I now have to find those on german amazon or ebay if needed. Searchengine just gives me those sloppy magnetic ones which are a pain and not suitable for my case.

So I gave up my idea with vertical mount GPU and site panel fans.
I now bought the be quiet! silent base 802 with 5x Noctua 140mm and 3x 120mm* fans.

Stuff arrived at wednesday and before I shoved everything into the new case I got another unconventional idea while cleaning the GPU fans.
So instead of the site panel fans I just de-shroud my 3090 and ziptie the three 120mm fans unto it.

With a little fiddle and fumble I tied them on (and hope that they will stay on). My GPU temps are now at around room temperature(30°C) and with max. load at 63°C.

GPU hotspot lingers somewhere between 70°C and 80°C

For comparison, before that my temps where somewhat between 40°C and 75°C. Hotspot was somewhere between 80°C - 100°C.

And all this with UV

IMG20230524191010.thumb.jpg.c7e0f2eb422160a5e938d3a5cef60b86.jpg