Random Lag in browser

I have this laptop with a i5-8265U and UHD 620graphics and a Geforce MX230 , connected to a VGA monitor via a a HDMI-VGA convertor 

I've been using my laptop like this for a while and then all of a sudden any kind of video play in the browser back or browser scrolling started getting laggy but the general UI (explorer , other apps) are running fine without any lag , even games ran fine without lags

I disconnected the monitor and tried using my laptop directly on its inbuilt monitor and the issue still persisted , but only with video playback in the browser and general browser scrolling , I played games and the lag was not there , even in the external monitor

So i did a clean reinstallation of the graphics drivers, tried restarting , and all the other basic fixes like reinstalling the browser and such and yet no avail

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jWCrmbV5YjKiTw6R6  --- lag while scrolling 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jWCrmbV5YjKiTw6R6 --- lag during video playback (video playback on other apps seems fine like VLC)

8 minutes ago, whispous said:

Does your browser have GPU/hardware accelleration turned on?

yes it is enabled....I have not changed any settings either....It was working just fine this morning and then randomly it started to lag

and this lag is present across all the browsers I have  (edge , operaGX and brave)

1 hour ago, RanchTheHay005 said:

yes it is enabled....I have not changed any settings either....It was working just fine this morning and then randomly it started to lag

and this lag is present across all the browsers I have  (edge , operaGX and brave)

They are all chromium based. Did you also try non chromium based browser like Firefox for example?

Does it also happen when you drag window of explorer around quickly?

5 hours ago, csmt said:

They are all chromium based. Did you also try non chromium based browser like Firefox for example?

Yep , I tried firefox and it works fine...no lag or nothing

But Chrome did lag though...even though I freshly installed it today

5 hours ago, csmt said:

Does it also happen when you drag window of explorer around quickly?

Nope , only within the browser

16 hours ago, RanchTheHay005 said:

Yep , I tried firefox and it works fine...no lag or nothing

But Chrome did lag though...even though I freshly installed it today

Nope , only within the browser

Does this work?

"You get to flags in Chrome by typing chrome://flags in the address bar. If you search for Android SurfaceControl and set that flag to Disabled - does this help? "