Issue after upgrading RAM

Hi all,

So recently I upgraded my Ram to "ADATA XPG Spectrix D50 32GB (2X16GB) 3600MHz DDR4 RGB Desktop".

Before I was using Adata 2X8GB 3600 MHz

And now when I turn my pc on, I have to click the power button multiple times(5-6) before it turns on, otherwise it used to turn on by pressing once.

After it turns on, pc seems to be running smooth I see no issue in games or other stuff so why do I have to click so many times?

Is this going to be a big issue later?

Regards

Does your motherboard support a total of 32gb of ram? Because I see here you used to have 16gb, did you check at System Information or settings to see if it shows up as 32gb?

I did some research and found an example that your power button may be loose for some reason, don't know how a ram upgrade can cause damage there, but you might need to replace or try to fix your power button if any other solutions don't work, or check if it's connected properly to your motherboard.

2 hours ago, WackySpace said:

Does your motherboard support a total of 32gb of ram? Because I see here you used to have 16gb, did you check at System Information or settings to see if it shows up as 32gb?

I did some research and found an example that your power button may be loose for some reason, don't know how a ram upgrade can cause damage there, but you might need to replace or try to fix your power button if any other solutions don't work, or check if it's connected properly to your motherboard.

Yes I am using Gigabyte B660M and it can support up to 64gb and yes its showing full 32gb:

image.png.5fbc7f5c30f1fb8d3a151f85411860fa.png

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so your ram is fine, but you said your power button has to be pressed a lot before its turned on. Check on your motherboard if the Power switch is properly connected, not bent or anything, it sometimes happens if you accidentally pull to hard organizing cables, also see if you can check the power switch cable properly connected to the power button.