Really weird PC behaviour! Help!!!?

SlavFlex

Geetings good people of LTT! 

(English is not my native, please understand i can make miatakes) 

So, today my PC decided its going to have its funny day, and this is what happened.

In the morning, i turned on the pc, did some things and played a bit of aimlab, apex and it all worked perfectly. 

After that i had planned to leave the hause for some time so i shut down the PC, after around 3 hours i came back home and the PC wont start. 

So what i did was i started testing why, removed gpu, removed all fans, removed ram, mobo battery etc. 

After that with ram inside the PC started, ok cool....BUT, as soon as i connect the power cable of the rtx 4070Ti the pc wont start, two click sounds from psu and thats it, all stops. So, i went and investigate more into it. When the gpu is inside and its not power cable connected it turns on, all lights are lit, looks fine, but as soon as one of the two 8 pin connectors touch the psu cable it shuts down. But only one of them, if the other one is plugged to the psu it work, but i cant get signal, seems it does not have enough power for the greedy 4070Ti. 

Im extremely sad and would like to know what might the problem be? Is It the psu or is it the cable that then the psu prevents the power so something wont get fryed? 

Can the 12 pin gpu cable be faulty in this way? 

I thank you for any kind of info. 

Regards! 

Adam

9 hours ago, SlavFlex said:

BUT, as soon as i connect the power cable of the rtx 4070Ti the pc wont start, two click sounds from psu and thats it, all stops. So, i went and investigate more into it. When the gpu is inside and its not power cable connected it turns on, all lights are lit, looks fine, but as soon as one of the two 8 pin connectors touch the psu cable it shuts down.

It sounds like either you have a bad psu cable that somehow got worse during the day or your psu can't handle transients well at all. How many watts is your psu and did you buy it new or used? Also just check if all your power connectors (excluding your gpus) are installed correctly (the power connectors click when you push them in) and do this when the computer is off.

9 hours ago, SlavFlex said:

Is It the psu or is it the cable that then the psu prevents the power so something wont get fryed? 

Can the 12 pin gpu cable be faulty in this way? 

It sounds like you have a faulty psu, normally when there are *click* sounds from a power supply. At least it sounds like you didn't break anything else in your computer

image.png.20096ed93283bf2a0d259b0cc2f67558.png

Edited by filpo

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)