New build help

Budget (including currency): 4000 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: light video editing and modern games like mw2 and such 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): starting from scratch already have a custom keyboard and a deathadder mouse with a 4k monitor. I’ll be buying everything in may and I’m upgrading from a amd 6700xt with a ryzen 7 3700x cpu 1080p. I want 4k 120 I’m going to go with the Corsair 7000d case I’m not impartial to amd or Intel 

6 minutes ago, Donnieboi23 said:

Budget (including currency): 4000 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: light video editing and modern games like mw2 and such 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): starting from scratch already have a custom keyboard and a deathadder mouse with a 4k monitor. I’ll be buying everything in may and I’m upgrading from a amd 6700xt with a ryzen 7 3700x cpu 1080p. I want 4k 120 I’m going to go with the Corsair 7000d case I’m not impartial to amd or Intel 

no need to go with such a big case. the 5000d woild be sufficient unless you need a lot of 3.5 and 2.5 inch bays

PCPP link if you wanna go intel: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2y4vXy

if you wanna go amd: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hk9QrD

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

2 minutes ago, Chyrium said:

I’d personally go with Ryzen 7000 series for the upgrade path.

thats why i put an amd build there

Current parts list

10 minutes ago, filpo said:

no need to go with such a big case. the 5000d woild be sufficient unless you need a lot of 3.5 and 2.5 inch bays

Is Zotac a good brand I’ve heard some people don’t like Zotac 

6 minutes ago, filpo said:

thats why i put an amd build there

Oh sorry, I didn’t see that lol.

18 minutes ago, filpo said:

I was just worried about clearance with the 4090 this is my first time ever building a pc by my self and Reddit hasn’t been much help😂

8 minutes ago, Donnieboi23 said:

Is Zotac a good brand I’ve heard some people don’t like Zotac 

It’s not that bad of a brand. If you don’t like them look for a gpu that’s a bit more and a different brand but not like 150 bucks more

Current parts list

Just now, Donnieboi23 said:

I was just worried about clearance with the 4090 this is my first time ever building a pc by my self and Reddit hasn’t been much help😂

7000d is HUGE. Even the small 4000d can fit some 4090s (but it would be a pretty tight fit so I really wouldn’t recommend, also you have the money)

Current parts list

1 minute ago, Donnieboi23 said:

Reddit can be of some help but in my experience it’s better to go in a forum just for tech (like this one)

Current parts list

12 minutes ago, filpo said:

Reddit can be of some help but in my experience it’s better to go in a forum just for tech (like this one)

I appreciate the help 

51 minutes ago, Donnieboi23 said:

I want 4k 120

Any specific why, are you going to hook this up to an OLED TV or a MiniLED 4K120 panel like the flagship ProArt by Asus display? Also, that 4000$ budget is insane overkill, we can work for half that, spending way too much than you need on a PC is poor financial decision unless if your concern is more abstract like environmental issues the 3-year cycle entails.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

53 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Any specific why, are you going to hook this up to an OLED TV or a MiniLED 4K120 panel like the flagship ProArt by Asus display? Also, that 4000$ budget is insane overkill, we can work for half that, spending way too much than you need on a PC is poor financial decision unless if your concern is more abstract like environmental issues the 3-year cycle entails.

I don’t need specifically 4k120 just somewhere around 4k or 1440 I have a 6700xt rn and it runs high settings at 1440 but it struggled with big games like plague tale and Spider-Man and stuff on high settings I really just play video games and sometimes edit pictures 

6 minutes ago, Donnieboi23 said:

just somewhere around 4k or 1440

Both have completely differing criteria in what youll need. But if youve run 1440p, then 1440p upgrade would be it. You could just get a 5800X3D if you have a decent AM4 board, and a Radeon RX 7900XT. Itll be far below 4000$ (1100$ in total, 100$ extra if you havent owned a 360mm AIO or a high end dual tower cooler like Deepcool AK620 and NH-D15) and itll be less waste.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

11 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Both have completely differing criteria in what youll need. But if youve run 1440p, then 1440p upgrade would be it. You could just get a 5800X3D if you have a decent AM4 board, and a Radeon RX 7900XT. Itll be far below 4000$ (1100$ in total, 100$ extra if you havent owned a 360mm AIO or a high end dual tower cooler like Deepcool AK620 and NH-D15) and itll be less waste.

I currently have a Corsair h110 I believe the 2 fan aio so I’d need brand new everything but ssd 

2 minutes ago, Donnieboi23 said:

I currently have a Corsair h110 I believe the 2 fan aio so I’d need brand new everything but ssd 

The motherboard and the case here wouldve been a better-to-know info here. PSU too, might as well. Just mentioning CPU-GPU combo in a passing make sense in performance comparisons but for upgrades, the details matters for cost compression.

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

The motherboard and the case here wouldve been a better-to-know info here. PSU too, might as well. Just mentioning CPU-GPU combo in a passing make sense in performance comparisons but for upgrades, the details matters for cost compression.

It’s a msi b450 tomahawk max  3700x 650w Corsair psu and a 6700xt gpu 

7 minutes ago, Donnieboi23 said:

It’s a msi b450 tomahawk max  3700x 650w Corsair psu and a 6700xt gpu 

Yeah, that thing is pretty damn awfrible.

But yeah, 5700X is still perfectly capable for 1440p even if it doesnt do as flashy of a result as Ryzen 5 7600, 7800X3D, and 13600K. Just swap the 5800X3D recommendation for that. Youd definitely want a PSU upgrade alongside that, my usual Gigabyte UD850GM, Adata XPG Core Reactor, NZXT C Gold, and RM850x should be around 110-150$.