Issues with NVIDIA Control Panel [Windows 10]

Hello and thank you to the person taking the time to read this post. I've run into some issues with the NVIDIA control panel and haven't been able to find any working solutions in the posts I've come across up until now. I've already done a lot of troubleshooting over the last couple of days. This is the situation along with my findings during the process of trying to identify and fix the problem:

I've connected my old samsung tv to my pc into a motherboard slot via a vga cable.

This all works fine: it completely functions as a third monitor without any issues in functionality.

I also wanted to use my tv speakers, though, so I tried connecting the tv via hdmi to my video card instead. This ended up in a bunch of weird resolution scaling issues, in which the output was overscanned and delayed (it's an old samsung tv). So I took out the hdmi and went back to the vga cable. (With this the resolution and timing all worked perfectly again)

However, when opening my NVIDIA control panel from the tray icon, I noticed that the control panel option was missing, leaving only the geforce experience tab (see attached picture for what was there before this scenario) When clicking on the icon, the control panel wouldn't open either (geforce experience opens without issue though).

From here on I've tried some workarounds and fixes, which I'll compile below: -I've reinstalled my nvidia drivers -repaired all my vcredist packages -restarted all nvidia applications in task manager -restarted NVIDIA Display Container LS. in services.

After doing these things I could open it again. However, when I turn off my computer and turn it on again once or twice, I can't open it anymore. The tab above Geforce Experience (as shown in the attached picture: https://ibb.co/PgXCtmw) hasn't come back either after these fixes.

After this I've tried unplugging my vga cable from the motherboard. After doing this, I could open it again on startup, without having to restart the NVIDIA Display Container in services. This stopped working too after about three times.

While trying to unplug and replug my tv between restarts, my Background Engine (a program on steam for displaying moving backgrounds) is unable to recognise my tv monitor. I can still do everything else on the monitor while this happens though, but I still feel like this is connected to the issue.

What still stands out as weird to me, though, is the fact that this monitor is attached to my motherboard, not my NVIDIA graphics card.

At this point in time it's about a 15% chance that my NVIDIA control panel is able to open at all when I start up my computer. I can always fix this by restarting NVIDIA Display Container in services, but when I restart my computer I'm back to square one. My monitor also has issues with background engine about 25% of the time, but this fixes itself upon a restart.

Thanks for reading this detailed list of my problem, if you've made it this far. Any insight is greatly appreciated. I'll be able to try out tips when I come home from uni later today.

Thanks in advance!

its hard understanding without being there lol but i dont believe the NVIDIA app will do anything if its not plugged into the graphics card.. what i would do if its the resolution your wanting to fix is plug your TV in via HDMI into graphics card or vga on mb then right click on your desktop and click display settings or screen settings something like that lol then change the resolution of the tv to what looks best for you.. now for the nvidia app im not sure

18 hours ago, sixpi0dnine said:

its hard understanding without being there lol but i dont believe the NVIDIA app will do anything if its not plugged into the graphics card.. what i would do if its the resolution your wanting to fix is plug your TV in via HDMI into graphics card or vga on mb then right click on your desktop and click display settings or screen settings something like that lol then change the resolution of the tv to what looks best for you.. now for the nvidia app im not sure

Apologies for not replying sooner, I thought I'd get notified on replies.

Sadly I've already done those things.