Intel HD 4600, please help

So in system information it says i got 1gb, in advanced display settings i got 2624mb of total available, 2048mb of shared and 576mb of vram and on "can i run it" site i got 513mb, does anyone know whats causing this?

What is the actual issue?

Different pieces of software can measure different things. For example, with iGPU memory usage, there can be "dedicated memory," which the OS promises will be available to the iGPU to use. "Shared memory," which is available to the iGPU if it wants it, but is otherwise free to be used by other programs. Then there's "Hardware Reserved" memory which is locked out at the motherboard level - the OS has no control over this, and that memory will be given over to the iGPU to use no matter what you do in Windows. Since we don't know anything about your setup beyond that you're using some Intel 4000 series CPU - desktop or laptop - and running it with the iGPU, we can't tell you if something is reporting anything incorrectly - you haven't given us any information about your setup.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

What is the actual issue?

Different pieces of software can measure different things. For example, with iGPU memory usage, there can be "dedicated memory," which the OS promises will be available to the iGPU to use. "Shared memory," which is available to the iGPU if it wants it, but is otherwise free to be used by other programs. Then there's "Hardware Reserved" memory which is locked out at the motherboard level - the OS has no control over this, and that memory will be given over to the iGPU to use no matter what you do in Windows. Since we don't know anything about your setup beyond that you're using some Intel 4000 series CPU - desktop or laptop - and running it with the iGPU, we can't tell you if something is reporting anything incorrectly - you haven't given us any information about your setup.

Well for CPU i got i7 4790 i got a 1366x768 59 hz monitor i got dell optiplex 9020, not sure about power supply and i got 0N4YC8

1 minute ago, Darkharry said:

Well for CPU i got i7 4790 i got a 1366x768 59 hz monitor i got dell optiplex 9020, not sure about power supply and i got 0N4YC8

Okay, so we're talking about a desktop - an old Dell Optiplex - with a proprietary motherboard (and so, by extension, a proprietary power supply)

What is the problem? Just that different software is giving you different information about video memory?

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Okay, so we're talking about a desktop - an old Dell Optiplex - with a proprietary motherboard (and so, by extension, a proprietary power supply)

What is the problem? Just that different software is giving you different information about video memory?

Well when i go in System Information, components and display it says i got 1gb of adapter ram, if i go in advanced display settings i got 576mb of vram  2048mb of shared memory and 2624mb of total available and also when i go on "can i run it" site and see if i can run a game it says i got 513mb of vram, i also got 8gb of ram i tried to put it on 1024mb of vram but it didnt work

Well when i go in System Information, components and display it says i got 1gb of adapter ram, if i go in advanced display settings i got 576mb of vram  2048mb of shared memory and 2624mb of total available and also when i go on "can i run it" site and see if i can run a game it says i got 513mb of vram, i also got 8gb of ram i tried to put it on 1024mb of vram but it didnt work

It sounds like you do have 1024MB of VRAM set. Again, those different pieces of software can be reporting on different things. It is not a problem in-and-of-itself for the numbers to be different.

Is this actually causing any issues? Is there something your computer can't do that you're trying to fix? Or some issue that's happening because of the way your video memory is being allocated?

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

It sounds like you do have 1024MB of VRAM set. Again, those different pieces of software can be reporting on different things. It is not a problem in-and-of-itself for the numbers to be different.

Is this actually causing any issues? Is there something your computer can't do that you're trying to fix? Or some issue that's happening because of the way your video memory is being allocated?

Well today i tried playing far cry primal a game that requires 1024mb of vram for bare minimum and i had about 20 fps which was weird to me and someother games that required 1024mb of vram on bare minimum like naruto ultimate ninja storm 4 i cant run on 60 fps all the time even if i put it on for example 1024x768 so i was wondering if its because of vram or because it lacks in other things

Well today i tried playing far cry primal a game that requires 1024mb of vram for bare minimum and i had about 20 fps which was weird to me and someother games that required 1024mb of vram on bare minimum like naruto ultimate ninja storm 4 i cant run on 60 fps all the time even if i put it on for example 1024x768 so i was wondering if its because of vram or because it lacks in other things

Just because you have enough Vram doesn't mean you iGPU / GPU is strong enough to run the games.

Just now, Hinjima said:

Just because you have enough Vram doesn't mean you iGPU / GPU is strong enough to run the games.

Yeah thats what i was wondering about but it kept saying i have 1gb in system information, 576 in advanced display settings and 513 in "can i run it" site so i got really confused

2 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

It's because you're trying to play a relatively demanding game from 2016 on an Intel iGPU from 2014. The fact that you can get 20fps is actually better than I would have expected.

Here's an example of someone else trying to run this on the HD 4600 graphics. They get about 15fps at 720p:

Just now, YoungBlade said:

It's because you're trying to play a relatively demanding game from 2016 on an Intel iGPU from 2014. The fact that you can get 20fps is actually better than I would have expected.

Here's an example of someone else trying to run this on the HD 4600 graphics. They get about 15fps at 720p:

agreed! That's not bad at all considering.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

I see, thanks for the help