SSD partition not working?

VelikiPCguy
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,
1 minute ago, VelikiPCguy said:

Here's what it shows:

20230325_191319.jpg

Right click on the box labelled (D:) and click format and follow the wizard to set it up as an NTFS partition.

If you're expecting data to be on there, bear in mind that formatting it will wipe any data on that partition (won't impact the C: or other partitions)

I recently had a repair guy come and reinstall my Windows, and he suggested splitting my SSD into C and D, with C holding Windows and D for everything else. This was because I recently downloaded the wrong drivers to my system, which cause a bit of chaos and had to reinstall Windows to fix it, so now that the drives are split, if something were to happen to C (where Windows is located), it wouldn't corrupt the D drive with all my data.

Anyway, the D drive isn't showing anything (see below). My SSD is Samsung 980 PRO 2TB

20230325_190257.jpg

20230325_190306.jpg

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

What does disk management show? (Right click start button > Disk Management)

Here's what it shows:

20230325_191319.jpg

1 minute ago, VelikiPCguy said:

Here's what it shows:

20230325_191319.jpg

Right click on the box labelled (D:) and click format and follow the wizard to set it up as an NTFS partition.

If you're expecting data to be on there, bear in mind that formatting it will wipe any data on that partition (won't impact the C: or other partitions)

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Perfect, thanks!