Can't get into BIOS but PC is posting to boot logo.

Go to solution Solved by Seosamh_101,
3 hours ago, Seosamh_101 said:

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to set up my first home server using some spare parts that I have gathered over the past few years. The server is primarily for hosting Minecraft and other games at the moment, and eventually, I plan to upgrade it to be a proper NAS for file storage.

However, I am facing an issue where the keyboard is not being recognized during the boot process. When I boot up the PC/server, it displays the "Gigabyte Insist on Ultra Durable" boot logo with the BIOS hotkeys below it. I have tried pressing del, f2, f9, or f12 to get into the BIOS to try and select a boot drive, but nothing happens, and it stays on that screen.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps, including swapping the RAM sticks, resetting the CMOS, getting a new battery for the CMOS, putting in my GPU, trying a PS/2 keyboard, putting in a boot drive with Windows pre-installed, and checking for basic mistakes such as CPU power, motherboard power, proper RAM installation, etc. However, the problem persists.

I have a speaker for boot codes and it isn't indicating that anything is wrong.

The parts were my main build for a while before I upgraded, and I lent them to a friend for a year while they waited for their own stuff to arrive. It was all working fine last month in my friend’s build, and I made sure to store it safely. The keyboard is receiving power from the USB ports, but it seems to not be accepting any input.

Here are the specs of my build:

• CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 16GB (8GB*2)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M-S2H
  • PSU: EVA 500w

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice to resolve this issue. Thank you.
Joey

After trying every solution under the sun (and thanks to the people who commented with advice), I stumbled upon a weird solution after I had given up all hope, and tried as a last resort.

Here's a quick rundown: If you haven't updated your BIOS in a while, remove your M.2 SSD.

Prior to this, I had tried everything multiple times: I attempted my GPU again, removed the CMOS battery again, reset the CMOS using a jumper, tried a different PSU, and swapped out the RAM, etc, multiple times.

Eventually, I randomly decided to remove my SSD again after clearing the CMOS, and it worked. I was able to boot into the BIOS. The SSD is new and doesn't have any data on it, so I think my BIOS was simply too old and needed an update.

Thank you again to everyone that helped me!
Joey 

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to set up my first home server using some spare parts that I have gathered over the past few years. The server is primarily for hosting Minecraft and other games at the moment, and eventually, I plan to upgrade it to be a proper NAS for file storage.

However, I am facing an issue where the keyboard is not being recognized during the boot process. When I boot up the PC/server, it displays the "Gigabyte Insist on Ultra Durable" boot logo with the BIOS hotkeys below it. I have tried pressing del, f2, f9, or f12 to get into the BIOS to try and select a boot drive, but nothing happens, and it stays on that screen.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps, including swapping the RAM sticks, resetting the CMOS, getting a new battery for the CMOS, putting in my GPU, trying a PS/2 keyboard, putting in a boot drive with Windows pre-installed, and checking for basic mistakes such as CPU power, motherboard power, proper RAM installation, etc. However, the problem persists.

The parts were my main build for a while before I upgraded, and I lent them to a friend for a year while they waited for their own stuff to arrive. It was all working fine last month in my friend’s build, and I made sure to store it safely. The keyboard is receiving power from the USB ports, but it seems to not be accepting any input.

Joey

do you have another motherboard you could test the CPU and RAM in?
does your board have a bios flashback feature?

Here are some troubleshooting tips that you might not have tried yet.

1. Try using a different keyboard or a different USB port on your computer.

2. Try resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes and then putting it back in.

3. Try updating the BIOS to the latest version.

4. Try booting with only one RAM stick installed.

5. Try booting with only the CPU, motherboard, and power supply connected.

6. Try booting with a different power supply.

7. Try booting with a different motherboard.

8. Try booting with a different CPU.

9. Try booting with a different graphics card.

I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve your issue. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Seosamh_101 said:

Hi everyone,

Joey

After trying every solution under the sun (and thanks to the people who commented with advice), I stumbled upon a weird solution after I had given up all hope, and tried as a last resort.

Here's a quick rundown: If you haven't updated your BIOS in a while, remove your M.2 SSD.

Prior to this, I had tried everything multiple times: I attempted my GPU again, removed the CMOS battery again, reset the CMOS using a jumper, tried a different PSU, and swapped out the RAM, etc, multiple times.

Eventually, I randomly decided to remove my SSD again after clearing the CMOS, and it worked. I was able to boot into the BIOS. The SSD is new and doesn't have any data on it, so I think my BIOS was simply too old and needed an update.

Thank you again to everyone that helped me!
Joey