"Pradeon" rx 580

Somerandomtechyboi

Screenshot_20230323_140305.thumb.jpg.893291548bba444b3ec6d9d004b58fd3.jpg

Clearly its a chinese gpu and it has been used for mining but looks to not be dvi only and its an 8gb card for 60$ which is the cheapest gpu i can find with that much vram

The cooler does look pretty weak but seems like it should be ok ish, if not ill problably stick a 775 copper core on it

Any valid concerns (mining is not a valid concern) with a gpu like this?

Every instance I see of these yellow shroud designs on Pradeon RX 580’s, they’re 2048SP variants.

ie it’s a cut down RX580 somewhere between the normal 580 and the 570.

I personally wouldn’t recommend them in general primarily because drivers can be a hassle to get working with them.

I would look for a known RX 580 or RX 580x before any 2048SP models.

9 minutes ago, 8tg said:

I personally wouldn’t recommend them in general primarily because drivers can be a hassle to get working with them.

how annoying is it to get the drivers working? and i dont mind screwing around with modifying the vbios either since ill problably do that anyways to test higher core voltages

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

how annoying is it to get the drivers working? and i dont mind screwing around with modifying the vbios either since ill problably do that anyways to test higher core voltages

It’s not too hard, it’s just the way AMD’s driver packages work is they tend to give you the wrong driver depending on what region you’re in since the 2048SP variants weren’t meant to be sold outside of the eastern Asian market.

So it sees an RX580 and despite being a 2048SP will use some other driver which won’t install properly. So you have to specifically find the 2048SP driver and install that standalone.

Its not detrimental by any means it’s just a little annoying.

You can modify the vbios on these but the 2048SP’s are hit and miss, some of them will do fine, but some of them had their shading units disabled for a reason and no bios mod will make those ones work like a 580.

Im not sure how your local market is, but in the US you can get post mining regular 8gb 580’s for like $85 on average or cheaper if you wait on auctions. And then that also brings into debate a gpu budget in general because say you get an 80$ rx 580, is the $20 worth it over the 2048SP?

Consider as well I recently got a Vega 56 for $95, is that jump from 80 to 95 worth it? And is the jump from 60 to 95 worth it?

23 minutes ago, 8tg said:

So it sees an RX580 and despite being a 2048SP will use some other driver which won’t install properly. So you have to specifically find the 2048SP driver and install that standalone.

Its not detrimental by any means it’s just a little annoying.

In that case i dont mind a very minor inconvenience

24 minutes ago, 8tg said:

You can modify the vbios on these but the 2048SP’s are hit and miss, some of them will do fine, but some of them had their shading units disabled for a reason and no bios mod will make those ones work like a 580.

So you can unlock the extra shaders and turn em into a normal rx 580?

24 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Im not sure how your local market is, but in the US you can get post mining regular 8gb 580’s for like $85 on average or cheaper if you wait on auctions. And then that also brings into debate a gpu budget in general because say you get an 80$ rx 580, is the $20 worth it over the 2048SP?

Consider as well I recently got a Vega 56 for $95, is that jump from 80 to 95 worth it? And is the jump from 60 to 95 worth it?

Im building a pc to resell, currently i got an x58a ud3r, an  e5645, and a hyper 212 evo and im looking at spending a further 130-160$ to turn it into a gaming pc and to resell for around 350-400$

the low multi will mean a max freq of 4.25ghz at 224bclk so i dont expect it to do that much better with anything over a 1080 (ram config is 2000-2200 6x4 dual rank so cpu performance will be abit better compared to ones with bleh unoptimized ram configs). I could go for 12gb 6x2 with k4a2g086wd (2gbit d die) which should do better subtimings but 24gb = more resale value