New or used

Qtip1318

So I’m kinda lost right now on whats a better idea. I have 2 girls right now who are wanting to play computer games one is 6 and the other 9. But only have two computers one is a really old fx8150 with a gtx 770 that I have been using as a server but it works for the games they are playing right now but I don’t think for much longer. 
The other is my main system with a 3900x and a 3060ti. 
what I am think of doing is doing a small up grade to a 5600 or 5600x in my system and then buy a new motherboard and ram for my old 3900x and giving that for my oldest. And then giving my youngest the fx8150 system. Tell a make a new pc in a year or two or do I just find a cheap used computer for about 500-600 with ryzen 3000 or intel 9th gen in it 

I do have an everything else I would need to make this work. 

18 minutes ago, Qtip1318 said:

So I’m kinda lost right now on whats a better idea. I have 2 girls right now who are wanting to play computer games one is 6 and the other 9. But only have two computers one is a really old fx8150 with a gtx 770 that I have been using as a server but it works for the games they are playing right now but I don’t think for much longer. 
The other is my main system with a 3900x and a 3060ti. 
what I am think of doing is doing a small up grade to a 5600 or 5600x in my system and then buy a new motherboard and ram for my old 3900x and giving that for my oldest. And then giving my youngest the fx8150 system. Tell a make a new pc in a year or two or do I just find a cheap used computer for about 500-600 with ryzen 3000 or intel 9th gen in it 

I do have an everything else I would need to make this work. 

give them a new case, new monitor and periperal, for children health mentality

i agree,

3900x+ new mobo etc for you

old mobo etc+ 5600 + gtx770 for them

i think gtx 770 + 5600+ small tuning ram still acceptable for 1080p gaming

ryzen 3000/intel 9 gen, looks dead for gpu future

Budget?

Country?

Full specs of the fx 8150 system?

Any other parts laying around?

The fx cpu and board can be sold off cause for some reason those are still quite expensive

FYI, limit their screen time to prevent the alteration of brain activity due to excess usage. 

Not all types of usage have the same impact. Rapid scene changesis bad, and if your kids get a lot of dopamine production, they can get addicted, too. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

7 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Budget?

Country?

Full specs of the fx 8150 system?

Any other parts laying around?

The fx cpu and board can be sold off cause for some reason those are still quite expensive

500 ish

canada

pc

gtx 770  

16gb ram

12tbs of hdd and 256gb ssd 

650watt sfx power supply 

I have 2 extra cases

1 extra power supply 550w it’s in my main rig right now because my 860w just died two days ago but I will be replacing that at some point. 
I have extra HDDs 

I don’t think I can get that much for my old system In my area. I found a i5 9400 system with 16gb ram gtx 1650 and 250gb ssd for 600. Only reason I’m not a big fan of it is because it’s A Asus prebuilt system. 

1 hour ago, Datanerdje said:

Kids dont belong on the internet, but in the garden. 

Think there is this filter for day and night protecting the eyes. 

my kids are not aloud on the internet at all and can only play on the computer with me. We play games like Stardew valley and terraria right now. I really only let them play games if they are playing together 

23 minutes ago, Qtip1318 said:

my kids are not aloud on the internet at all and can only play on the computer with me. We play games Luke Stardew valley and terraria right now. I really only let them play games if they are playing together 

Good parenting!!!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂