ROG Prodigy

Fomorii

New build! Nothing too fancy, on old hardware at the minute so looking to build something portable that'll last a couple years. I'd like to get some first opinions on the hardware before I do sink any money into it.

At current i'm using:

i7-920

GTX580

Asus P6TD Deluxe

A really old corsair AIO (H55? It really sucks I get like 50C at idle).

8GB Kingston HyperX Beast

3TB WD

2TB Seagate

128GB Kingston SSDNow

Raven RV-01

Corsair 1000W PSU

The M-ITX form factor is really important for this build. Max budget of ~£750

New Build ~ £747

Intel Core i5-4670K 
Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM 
Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini 
Kingston Beast 8GB
MSI GTX 760 2GB Twin Frozr
BitFenix Prodigy 
Corsair RM 450W

What do you think? This is my first build, I brought the previous computer off a friend on the cheap. I'll be migrating all the storage from the previous build to the new one. Pics and updates to follow! Should be selling the current build next week, just curious how much do you think it's worth? I'm selling it for £350.

I'd like to justify the choice of the impact over cheaper motherboards. The SupremeFX sound card is really kicker for this motherboard, it's difficult to get a cheap DAC that is of any quality and all that's really important to me is being separated from the PCB (I get awful noises from the front panel and back panel in the current build). 

Build looks solid and very balanced also this should be in new builds and planning.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

you are spending WAAAY to much on your mobo and RAM, like WAAAAY

get a the asus Z87-I PRO

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Selling your old PC's components separately might be a better option.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

AdamIsaacLang:  I figured since i'm going to make a build log with it anyway I might as well just put it here because it's mainly just a second opinion, i'm pretty sorted on the components.

Freaky_spider: As aforementioned the price difference between ROG Impact and Z87-I Pro + DAC is another £20. 

BonBon Scott: I was going to build a PC for a friend but since i'm selling this one I figured i'd sell it to her instead, I was just curious as to how much other people think it's worth.

you are spending WAAAY to much on your mobo and RAM, like WAAAAY

get a the asus Z87-I PRO

Dude, Kingston Beast is actually pretty cheap and it's his choice on what Mobo he wants.

if youre going rog, you should get the rog 760 xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

if youre going rog, you should get the rog 760 xD

Unfortunately, it's out of my price range but that would be pretty great.

Unfortunately, it's out of my price range but that would be pretty great.

Maybe save up for a month more? Because atleast for me it would really give the build a finishing touch.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Maybe save up for a month more? Because atleast for me it would really give the build a finishing touch.

I don't have a job or anything so can't really save haha. I'm selling the old computer and a bunch of other stuff and the rest of it a going away/birthday/passing exams present for uni.

I don't have a job or anything so can't really save haha. I'm selling the old computer and a bunch of other stuff and the rest of it a going away/birthday/passing exams present for uni.

Aah well too bad :) well atleast msi is in the same colours :)