How do I know if my gpu is compatible with my motherboard?

GraniteG
Go to solution Solved by 8tg,
1 minute ago, GraniteG said:

20230228_124523.jpg

20230228_124541.jpg

Normal width, so provided you have the pcie power connectors needed, should be drop in for any gpu that’s reasonable to pair with the rest of the system.

If you’re just trying to get stable framerates out of valorant, it will depend a bit on what else this system is comprised of.

With no other information than this being an H110 motherboard, with some kind of Skylake or Kaby Lake cpu on it, I couldn’t really make a safe suggestion.

That would also be dependent on your local consumer computer market and how parts new or used are priced.

For a universal suggestion just to make valorant play well? Used GTX 1050 or GTX 1650. They’ll do fine in 1080p and are fairly inexpensive while also not drawing that much power.

The few details I could find on the psu it’s an older unit but should have two pcie 6 pin power connectors, as it’s meant for much older systems overall. But that will allow you to run pretty much any gpu that takes at most the one 6 pin, like a 3gb GTX 1060 for example.

For newer cards, a Radeon RX 6400 is a decent choice for the same niche, low power, not too expensive, will pair well with whatever hardware is in there.

If you have more details like the cpu model, ram quantity, etc, that can help narrow it down a bit more.

20230228_124523.jpg

20230228_124541.jpg

Normal width, so provided you have the pcie power connectors needed, should be drop in for any gpu that’s reasonable to pair with the rest of the system.

If you’re just trying to get stable framerates out of valorant, it will depend a bit on what else this system is comprised of.

With no other information than this being an H110 motherboard, with some kind of Skylake or Kaby Lake cpu on it, I couldn’t really make a safe suggestion.

That would also be dependent on your local consumer computer market and how parts new or used are priced.

For a universal suggestion just to make valorant play well? Used GTX 1050 or GTX 1650. They’ll do fine in 1080p and are fairly inexpensive while also not drawing that much power.

The few details I could find on the psu it’s an older unit but should have two pcie 6 pin power connectors, as it’s meant for much older systems overall. But that will allow you to run pretty much any gpu that takes at most the one 6 pin, like a 3gb GTX 1060 for example.

For newer cards, a Radeon RX 6400 is a decent choice for the same niche, low power, not too expensive, will pair well with whatever hardware is in there.

If you have more details like the cpu model, ram quantity, etc, that can help narrow it down a bit more.

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

yes, its a core i3-7100, hyperX 8gb ram, i really just need a gpu

Just now, GraniteG said:

yes, its a core i3-7100, hyperX 8gb ram, i really just need a gpu

I would go with the AMD Radeon RX 6400, it would pair well enough with that cpu. Not sure how they are in your market but in the US they’re fairly cheap and not hard to come by.

1 minute ago, 8tg said:

I would go with the AMD Radeon RX 6400, it would pair well enough with that cpu. Not sure how they are in your market but in the US they’re fairly cheap and not hard to come by.

how about this gpu?

image.thumb.png.f4c08ebbff3850a027ef9521ab1eaaba.pngimage.thumb.png.78a3645ab84037db71be191231f0de93.png

3 minutes ago, 8tg said:

hehe, the price is kinda too much for my budget

9 minutes ago, 8tg said:

so provided you have the pcie power connectors needed,

this is the wire i think i was saying, which wire is it?

how about this gpu?

image.thumb.png.f4c08ebbff3850a027ef9521ab1eaaba.pngimage.thumb.png.78a3645ab84037db71be191231f0de93.png

Go with the palit 1050ti, it’s a good performer and and that’s within budget it’s a solid choice.

this is the wire i think i was saying, which wire is it?

Pcie power connectors:

6B2726B7-D13D-4B9D-B0DC-A48330DA5BD7.png.0f3c8e6a0d9c03d843c0c5f779012a06.png

they come in 8 pin or 6 pin (or 6+2 pin to make an 8 pin)

the palit 1050ti you posted above does not require any and uses power from the slot only

though more powerful gpus will require these power cables 

Just now, 8tg said:

Pcie power connectors:

6B2726B7-D13D-4B9D-B0DC-A48330DA5BD7.png.0f3c8e6a0d9c03d843c0c5f779012a06.png

they come in 8 pin or 6 pin (or 6+2 pin to make an 8 pin)

the palit 1050ti you posted above does not require any and uses power from the slot only

though more powerful gpus will require these power cables 

oh ok, thank you so much friend.

if your motherboard and GPU both use PCIE then you are golden there.
the cable that plugs in to your gpu comes from the power supply, and all you need to look at is how mutch power your system already draws, plus what the gpu is rated at, and assuming that is less than your PSU's rating, and the PSU has the cables, you are golden there too

if your GPU uses AGP or the older PCI (without the E), its a mesezoic period card and your integrated graphics can probably wipe the floor with it
unless you are building a retro box, that is