Issue with new GPU (Help needed)

Yas

Hi There,

I have replaced my GTX 1050 ti with RX 6750 XT and my PC won't boot anymore. Resetting CMOS and updating BIOS have not fixed the issue. I don't see any lights on my mouse and keyboard. If I unplug power from GPU, I can see lights on my mouse and keyboard. I also noticed DRAM lights on motherboard flashes once in a while. The PC works fine If I use my old GPU. I have tested two different RX 6750 XT so far and I am getting the same issue.

My system spec:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B550 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi ATX

Power supply: Corsair CX650F RGB, 80 PLUS Bronze Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

RAM: 2x 8GB HyperX FURY 3200MHz

Any help is appreciated.

Initial thoughts - your system with the new GFX card is drawing too much power for your PSU.  The fact that nothing lights up with the new card in, but does with the old one leads me to think PSU.  Can you try a more powerful PSU? 

@Rob Matthews I was thinking the same thing. I have already ordered a new 750 PSU and should arrive in a day or two. Lets see if that fixes the problem.

Recommendations show a 650 as sufficient, but could still be weak. It's possible the board may not support the card. I ran into this on a Lenovo M71E board. Displayed startup messages through my 1650 but would not boot with it because the board only supported up to GTX1050. I've also seen MSI do some dumb things like removing Zen 2 support from a BIOS update, only to rescind it within weeks or even days. So this could be a BIOS support issue.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

It is possible your power cables for the 6750XT are not plugged in properly on the power supply side?  I would double check the power cables.. 

@Allan B I have already checked that few times. I have also used two different cables.

@An0maly_76 The motherboard is only few years old. I would be very surprised if it does not support RX 6000 series.

Hopefully not different cables from other PSU, modular Power supply cables are not interchangeable.  

A B550 board should have no problem running a AMD graphics card made in the last 5 years..  Which makes me think it is power as well.  A 650w should have the juice for a 3600 and a 6750xt, unless it is defective or really old.

53 minutes ago, Yas said:

@Allan B I have already checked that few times. I have also used two different cables.

@An0maly_76 The motherboard is only few years old. I would be very surprised if it does not support RX 6000 series.

Then you might consider researching BIOS revisions, as MSI has been known to misfire with this sort of thing, particularly with Zen 2 support on one such gaffe.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Replacing PCU also didn't fix the issue. Any other recommendation ?