audio interference after upgrading ram

avidgamer121

i know it might sound bit weird but im having this issue, it mainly happens in games and pretty moderate whereas music playback is just fine and if i play music while gaming it becomes much worse, i'm not sure what could be wrong, my speakers are only analog device i have, i wonder if you would put ps/2 keyboard in that category somehow, i have tried many things, replugging aux cable, restart speakers, disabling igpu (initial thought), changing speakers outlet on powerstrip, it was also restarting my monitor as well when i was restarting my speakers which i fixed by changing hdmi cable, it's not speakers because i have another low end pair, the issue persists with that too. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: ps/2 no. It’s not analog, it’s just slower.

Please describe how the cables are connected.  Upgrading memory means opening the case, so internal connections should be checked.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Re: ps/2 no. It’s not analog, it’s just slower.

Please describe how the cables are connected.  Upgrading memory means opening the case, so internal connections should be checked.

just like they were i didn't really touch them and went on with the business of installing ram though i have an old school case so component are crowdedIMG_20230128_054948.thumb.jpg.81efc755a5e872dd16a44eee60e026e9.jpg

Wow!  That some seriously gooey dust.  You a smoker?

I might be most interested in the front panel audio I/o cable. It looks a bit like a usb2 header but it isn’t one.  Analog interference can be a e weird thing having to do with magnetic fields.  So where the cable runs and what it crosses could matter.

The other place audio connects is the rear panel.  I don’t know what motherboard you have.  All I can tell is that it’s an asus something.  If I knew the model of motherboard I could look up the manual online.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wow!  That some seriously gooey dust.  You a smoker?

I might be most interested in the front panel audio I/o cable. It looks a bit like a usb2 header but it isn’t one.  Analog interference can be a e weird thing having to do with magnetic fields.  So where the cable runs and what it crosses could matter.

The other place audio connects is the rear panel.  I don’t know what motherboard you have.  All I can tell is that it’s an asus something.  If I knew the model of motherboard I could look up the manual online.

it's asus z170-a (you could have seen that in my profile)

nah i don't smoke it's just India is too dusty, been only 3-4 months it collected this much.

actually my brother installed the ram for me he might have made a mistake because when i plugged in my usb wifi adapter it was showing unknown device error and front audio ports are also not working so they might be swapped, i think this could probably the cause of issue. I would call him to fix that mess,

14 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

it's asus z170-a (you could have seen that in my profile)

nah i don't smoke it's just India is too dusty, been only 3-4 months it collected this much.

actually my brother installed the ram for me he might have made a mistake because when i plugged in my usb wifi adapter it was showing unknown device error and front audio ports are also not working so they might be swapped, i think this could probably the cause of issue. I would call him to fix that mess,

Well we’re you are there’s a lot of vaporized oil based stuff then.   Gonna need to clean that thing out soon. 

the front audio ports not working is a real bad sign. That plug I talked about may no longer be in or the thing may have even been ripped out.

well crud.  Seems I can’t look at the manual because all the sites I can find have a “just blindly agree to out several page long legal form to visit our site which includes allowing us to do things specified in legalese to your computer” requirement.  Which more or less means “yeah.  We datamine and you are nothing but cattle to us.  Come be our victim”. I really need to download a TOR browser just for sites like that. 

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Well we’re you are there’s a lot of vaporized oil based stuff then.   Gonna need to clean that thing out soon. 

the front audio ports not working is a real bad sign. That plug I talked about may no longer be in or the thing may have even been ripped out.

well crud.  Seems I can’t look at the manual because all the sites I can find have a “just blindly agree to out several page long legal form to visit our site which includes allowing us to do things specified in legalese to your computer” requirement.  Which more or less means “yeah.  We datamine and you are nothing but cattle to us.  Come be our victim”. I really need to download a TOR browser just for sites like that. 

well i do have the direct link to the manual pdf of my board

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-A/E10611_Z170-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

5 minutes ago, xdagamer said:

well i do have the direct link to the manual pdf of my board

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-A/E10611_Z170-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

That’ll work.  Looking at 1-2 and 1-3, you would be interested in 19 and 20. Possibly p 14&15 not sure.  That whole bit was messed up.

Edited by Bombastinator