Need help on a 3080 TI founders edition build!!

Budget (including currency): About 2000$ USD not including the graphics card

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly FPS games like Escape from tarkov, RDR2, Some VR like boneworks and VrChat, and some unity/Unreal and blender work.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I Have a build that someone made for me, but i need some more help. I need to know if its good or if there will be bottlenecking or there are better options/things you guys would change. I also need a motherboard recommendation, as i have no idea what makes a motherboard good. Heres the list. Thanks! (Also if it helps the build im trying to do it a whiteout)                 https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DrowsyONG/saved/CPDrMp

Motherboard, good VRMs and cooling are key, especially with Zen3 and Zen4.

Free to do what you like, of course, but the Zen4 is known for high temps (80C+ at idle) and tools are being developed to shave the lid in an effort to reduce temps, which isn't working because the cooler brackets don't allow the cooler to be adjusted accordingly. I've seen this on a YouTuber's channel with an open-air build, no case.

I'm also not impressed with the mere 5.5 Ghz bragging rights when my 5900X has reached 4.975. I just don't think AM5 is worth it, and I'm certainly not going to spend the money for something that will inherently run hotter than what I have.

By way of comparison, I have a 5900X on an Asus Tuf B550-PLUS with an Asus RTX3060ti-OC in a Fractal Pop XL Air that idles around 36C-40C and peaks at 70C-72C with PBO and OC enabled. I'm not a fan of AIOs either.

I think you're on the right track with an RTX30x0 card, between price / performance and connector issues, the RTX40x0 is a dumpster fire.

My advice? Get a 5800X3D / 5900X with a good B550 or X570 board, and spend the difference on a 3090(ti) upgrade. You won't be sorry. Also be aware that in my experience, Ryzen and their supporting boards are funny about RAM, so try to choose from the board manufacturer's QVL list for the processor architecture (Matisse, Vermeer, etc.) I found that out the hard way when my build drove me nuts for four months -- didn't like the Ballistix I originally used.

I'll outline my build here for reference:

Ryzen 9 5900X

Asus Tuf Gaming B550-PLUS

Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition (5S is similar and less expensive)

(Thermalright Peerless Assassin is cheaper, but the Scythe is a much easier install)

Patriot Viper 4 2x16 Blackout DDR4-3200 (PV432C320C6K)

Asus KO RTX3060ti-8GB-OC (3070-3090ti were $1000+ at the time, wasn't paying that)

1TB WD Blue SN570 PCIe3 M.2 (Might consider the SN770 or SN850, prices have dropped)

8TB WD Black HDD (256MB cache)

Pioneer BDR-212DBK Blu-Ray Writer

Corsair RM850x PSU

Fractal Design Pop XL Air case

Corsair Commander Core XT

Corsair LL120 fan (x6)

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!