Used GPU help :)

RandomLord

Hey guys anyone know any good graphics cards that usually go for around $200 on the used market? I play Minecraft, TABS, Valorant, and I develop in Unity and model in Blender. This card would be paired with a water cooled 5 5600X.

(Before you guys chew me out for spending money on a water cooler here I could have spent it on gpu, my uncle bought it for me because he’s cool)

8 minutes ago, RandomLord said:

Hey guys anyone know any good graphics cards that usually go for around $200 on the used market?

Assuming USD, your best bet would be either the RX 6600 XT or a RTX 2060 Super.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

Yup, RTX20x0 (ti / super) are your best bet. You can get a brand-new GTX1650 OC for that, sometimes a GTX1660ti, but the RTX20x0s have a bit of an edge (ray-tracing, for starters).

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, RandomLord said:

@An0maly_76 @PorkishPig @FalseControl

ive found a couple 1080ti ‘s for around 200, is that a good option for my use case? 

The extra Vram will be nice, i looked at a couple articles of people that use unity, most of them say 6 gigs of vram minimum. Recommending a 3060 but also emphasizing on a good CPU with good single core performance which the 5600x does have. In my opinion I think the 1080ti will be fine for now with the budget you have.

16 minutes ago, FalseControl said:

The extra Vram will be nice, i looked at a couple articles of people that use unity, most of them say 6 gigs of vram minimum. Recommending a 3060 but also emphasizing on a good CPU with good single core performance which the 5600x does have. In my opinion I think the 1080ti will be fine for now with the budget you have.

Thanks! I blew all of my budget on nice stuff, but forgot about the gpu, and now I’m stuck with $200 dollars for my GPU.

No doubt it will provide quite the immense step up from my current graphics card, though. Thanks for doing all that research, I really appreciate it

RTX 2060, the 1080 Ti may have more Vram but no game looks noticeably worse if you need to cap it to the 6 GB availiable, plus the Super is 8GB anyway, no idea what others are talking about in here.

The 1080 Ti is not much faster vs the Super, and the Super uses way less power, has DLSS and RT and also is feature compatible with DX12 Ultimate.

With DLSS enabled, the 1080 Ti gets destroyed.

5800X 4720mhz fixed OC 6900XT -75mv, 2600mhz 1440P 165hz

Full rig here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xvJF2m