cable mangement/airflow

phantomstrikegamer
Go to solution Solved by tkitch,
1 minute ago, phantomstrikegamer said:

011 dynamic mini. i would but i didnt want to block airflow from the other card to the main gpu

Don't use 2 graphics cards.  It'll do more harm than good overall, unless you have a very very specific need for two.

The top slot is the slot that is directly wired to the CPU, so the GPU *needs* to be there if you want full performance.

Also:  Running a second display is a literally negligible performance hit, if it's not 3d rendering stuff.  (So game on the main screeen, and have twitch on the second?  You will *not* see a difference.  

so right now i have my pc assembled waiting for the aio and extra case fans to arrive. and i found an old video card for vga and dvi so i figured why not run it so i can run an  extra monitor without put my strain on the graphics card and it gets better airflow because it is closer to the fans. it wont be a problem right other than it look super ugly. could i spay paint the green card to make it look better? also is there anyway to run the gpu cable around better so they dont look so ugly?
thanks in advance

image.png

011 dynamic mini. i would but i didnt want to block airflow from the other card to the main gpu

5 minutes ago, phantomstrikegamer said:

so right now i have my pc assembled waiting for the aio and extra case fans to arrive. and i found an old video card for vga and dvi so i figured why not run it so i can run an  extra monitor without put my strain on the graphics card and it gets better airflow because it is closer to the fans. it wont be a problem right other than it look super ugly. could i spay paint the green card to make it look better? also is there anyway to run the gpu cable around better so they dont look so ugly?
thanks in advance

image.png

i think you should use First slot for Gpu (top one) as long as air gap between the two cards it wont be a problem for thermals 

Don't use 2 graphics cards.  It'll do more harm than good overall, unless you have a very very specific need for two.

The top slot is the slot that is directly wired to the CPU, so the GPU *needs* to be there if you want full performance.

Also:  Running a second display is a literally negligible performance hit, if it's not 3d rendering stuff.  (So game on the main screeen, and have twitch on the second?  You will *not* see a difference.  

1 minute ago, Gokul_P said:

i think you should use First slot for Gpu (top one) as long as air gap between the two cards it wont be a problem for thermals 

Just now, tkitch said:

aright thanks guys. i will do that

I had the o11 Mini as well. I went with a cheap psu extension kit to make it look better at the time.

Spoiler

577_1916714759.thumb.jpg.fa335312b98e873a6757b66785481873.jpg

1 minute ago, TheEpicDuck said:

I had the o11 Mini as well. I went with a cheap psu extension kit to make it look better at the time.

Hide contents

577_1916714759.thumb.jpg.fa335312b98e873a6757b66785481873.jpg

that looks a lot better i might have to get some cable extensions. do you have any that you recommened 

that looks a lot better i might have to get some cable extensions. do you have any that you recommened 

I got a kit from phanteks. They're a bit stiff but once you get them installed it's not an issue